1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

It's Hard to Beat the 80-200 F2.8...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by soxOZ, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Its big and heavy to carry around, but I just love what this lens produces, whether on DX or FX... :smile:
    If you feel that its one of your favorites, post some shots, but of course they will have to be in B&W to be here... :rolleyes: 

#1... D700, 92mm, f4, 1/1500sec, ISO200...
    5600296842_d81876c972_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2... D700, 200mm, f4, 1/1500sec, ISO200...
    5599714367_1ce2579b66_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Great shots. Love the bike too.

3. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Wow! Sick IQ & Shots Wally! Awesome!

4. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Great shots, and a great lens!

5. Great shots Wally... glad you had the 80-200 at hand. Very nice processing as well.

6. I will echo what Steve said!

Samuel

7. Thank you glad and you liked the shots and the bike... :smile:

Thank you Steve, you are too kind with you comments mate..!!!.

Thanks you, and yes, I have to agree, it is a great lens..!!.

Thank you Curtis, I appreciate your comments. I almost can't get a bad shot out of this lens no matter which body I have it on...

Hey Samuel, thanks mate....

8. Wally, I'm gas'n for a lens. This is incredible. I am considering it.

9. sunmay

sunmay

Apr 29, 2010
    PARIS
    Wally, you should'nt have posted these awesome shots.
    Now I want one too.:mad: 

10. Zenki

Zenki

Feb 19, 2011
    Vietnam
    Did you do any post processing besides converting them to B&W?

Images are sharp from corner to corner

11. Wally, that's sharp as a well-honed razor, and twice as evil!

Is that the AFS or the AFD version you have? Doesn't make any difference to the gorgeous IQ, I'm just interested to know whether its the same lens as the one I sold a few years back, and have missed ever since!

12. Hey thanks Alan... If you did get it, the only negative it has is that it weights ~1.4kg, but man does it produce IQ..!!!.
    BTW It's the AF-D 2 ring version...

LOL... Thank Ky, it has to be my favorite lens, it just works in every situation... :smile:

Hey thanks, the only PP I do is use CNX2 (NEF conversion) and levels, then NIK Filters to bump up the Contrast and the rest is done in SEP2 for the B&W conversion...
    This work for me... :smile:

Thank you very much Peter, much appreciated mate....
    The one I have is the AF-D 2 ring version... This one won't ever be sold, as they say, when your on a good thing, stick to it...

13. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
    so underated because of the 70-200 internet hype.
    sharp grabs there Wally....time for an old fella like you to put a blanket on that:biggrin: you know, the cold is here:smile:

14. Hey thanks Vinny...
    Yeah, I alway remember the arguments that raged on the Internet about the difference between these lens, but this lens is just so superb in IQ and sharpness it'll be a keeper for me...

BTW park the bike in June for 3 months through winter, but for an ol' fella like you :rolleyes: , yours must be parked already being cold down there in Mexico...
    Oops!!! I mean Melbourne... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:... LOL
    Must catch up before you make the big move mate....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.