Its Here! 85mm 1.4

:biggrin:postman woke me up at 7am with my new lens today..just had a quick look and very very impressed with the build quality.Not as heavy as I was expecting but nice solid feel to it.Going to have my daily dose of coffee then off out shooting with the new lens.Will post pics soon..A big thanks to Grays of Westminster for very rapid service.:cool:

:cool:Cheers..must admit its not easy at 1.4!!..lol..had my fair share of blurred ones..lol please tell me I am not alone?

Shooting at 1.4 is something you'll have to learn!! Gotta pay attention to your focus points...

Congrats on the new lens, you're going to love it once you get the hang of it.

Thanks Keith..certainly tricky..I said to the mrs I reckon the lens is dodgy!..lol:biggrin::tongue:

Yeah that's my excuse too. :smile: I agree with Keith, you have to pay attention to focal points. I can get some pretty good shots at this point, but not quite Nute or Uncle Frank sharp yet.

Craig

Thanks Keith..certainly tricky..I said to the mrs I reckon the lens is dodgy!..lol:biggrin::tongue:

Yeah that's my excuse too. :smile: I agree with Keith, you have to pay attention to focal points. I can get some pretty good shots at this point, but not quite Nute or Uncle Frank sharp yet.

Craig

My best advice for both of you, start shooting at about f/4 and work your way up to f/1.4... After a while, you'll be shooting at 1.4 all the time. For some reason there's a serious fascination about shooting at 1.4, but you don't "have to" do it all the time!! :biggrin:

Cheers Keith..I will post some samples up when photo bucket is up and running again..would appreciate any input.

At last photobuckets working again!..anyway here are the first few shots with the lens this morning..not a patch on others here but I'll enjoy learning as I go..this is my son
DSC_0004-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and some of him concentrating on his xbox 360..lol
DSC_0026-3.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

time for a snack!..
DSC_0029-2.jpg

then back to work..lol
DSC_0032-3.jpg

couple of the dog too..
DSC_0022-3.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

cheers mate..on the ones outside I noticed a lot of green fringing around the edges of his t shirt..is this the CA?..

Quick snap of my daughter..she felt left out bless her..because her brother was on here and not her..lol
DSC_0016-4.jpg

Actually, you are already doing quite well Stuart! That's very nice!
I usually shoot at 2.8 to 4 when there are highlights in the background to avoid CA. It can be very wide and apparent and it usually is awkward to remove it.

Ho my! I have to put my hands in one of those lenses. I love portraits!! too bad that in Brasil 85 1.4 lenses as way expensive (even used) US$900 plus 60% of import taxes.......
By the way, your doing very well with yours. Your first picture is very sharp! congratulations!
Rgds
Antonio

Thanks Jordan..I did notice that it decreased as I stopped down,just something to bare in mind I guess,but the image quality more than make up for that..Very pleased with it and hope to produce some shots like Paul,nute and uncle Frank etc..

Latest threads

Top Bottom