1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Its here at last!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by airbiscuit, Apr 6, 2007.

1. After thinking about it for weeks...night and day...finally I made up my mind and ordered it on Monday. Actually in my wishlist is the 300mm F4 and the 60mm macro but my inner self saying that maybe will come true in the near future after I get this dilemma over with.

As of today at lunch time I received a call from the local camera store and I knew the moment I'v been waiting for is finally here.

Brought my 70-200 VR and one of my batteries along. As soon as I hold the gold box at the store I knew I'v made a right choice. Slowly unpacking it...slot in the battery...and on goes the 70-200 VR...

Adjusted some options and settings then there I go! OHHH BOYY!! The sound of the shutter clicking just made me madly fell in love with it!! The feel of it in my hand...ahhhh perfect!!!

There I am smiling along wondering what can I do later with this baby :rolleyes: 

Oh in case you guys and ladies are wondering what am I talking about here...its my D200! Yeah I finally own a D200 after shooting with my D80 since Nov 06. And now my D80 will be my backup body and I think the 17-55 will be a great couple with it and the 70-200 VR will be on the D200 for sure!

[​IMG]

2. You are going to love it, congratulations! Don't be shy to burst off some continuous RAW shots because the D200 can handle it. That was one of my main reasons for wanting to upgrade from the D70.

3. Congrats. It's a great camera...

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Biscuit,

You have a right to be excited. Excellent combo. Now post some shots. :smile:

5. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    Saweeet!! :Guns:

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Way to go!! Will toast you tonight here in KY with a glass of Chardonnay!! :803: :803: :803: :803: :803: :803: :803: :803:

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Ahhhh . . . the feel of a new camera in the hands . . . Congrats :cool: 

8. Yesssss, you will like. Enjoy.

George.

9. Marcos

Marcos

Nov 20, 2005
    FL, USA.
    D200

Bicuit, Have fun take lots of pictures!
    (and show them too)
    Marc

10. I am ONE more paycheck away from mine! Post pics! Provide feedback. I'd really like to hear about the transition -- what you like, what you don't what you need to learn....

11. geauxZ

geauxZ Guest

Congradulations on your purchase! Nice effects on the pic also!

12. So far the D200 is purrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect! The way it work with the 70-200 VR is just amazing! The autofocus is fast. And did I said fast? With the battery grip its just so nice to cuddle around in public :biggrin:

A sample from my school football match :rolleyes: 

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.