It's here...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by emidyl, Jun 28, 2007.

1. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    so I finally got the call from DV Shop yesterday that my Tokina 12-24 had arrived.
    I was 12th on the waiting list less than a month ago and they get about 3-6/month. Apparently I got lucky with some no shows.

I'll see if I can get some decent shots this long weekend to share with you guys.

2. Congrats Henry - now lets see some photos!

Also, where the heck is GTA? I'm not feeling very imaginative figuring it out.

Don

3. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    Sorry Don,
    It's Toronto. DV Shop oddly was a Mac store specializing in video aspects and carried a full line of Apple products. Then out of nowhere they started to sell DSLR gear and at prices that pretty much beat out many of the larger stores.

They are the only guys in the city to sell Tokina. Go figure.

4. That is mainly because Tokina does not have a direct Canadian vendor, so most of them are US models that make their way up here. I have been looking at this lens but will have to add it to my growing wish list.

5. You'll have so much fun with that lens!! I can't wait to see some of your pics.

Yes, I couldn't find the Tokina anywhere so I had it shipped up here from B&H. I only had to pay Cdn taxes when it was delivered.

6. OK, confusion runs amuck.
    GTA shows up as an airport in the Solomons.
    I'm sure it is not as much fun, but saying Toronto would sure help those of us who get confused easily.

Don
    SUS
    (Spirit of St. Louis Airport ... my home base)

7. GTA is greater Toronto area. YYZ in airport speak.:wink:

8. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    Did someone mention RUSH!