It's in the post.

I've been monitoring all the posts about the perceived issues with the D800 but figured if I keep reading and worrying about left focus etc I will never get one so today I pressed the order button and hope to have a new D800 in my eager hands from Amazon before 13.00 tomorrow. I've been using the D7000 for 2 years and hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew with all those pixals, bells and whistles that come with the D800. I'm looking forward to seeing how my 24-70 and 70-200 perform or more realistically how I can. If I can get halfway to the standard of some on the forum (especially Will) I will be very happy. The steep learning curve starts tomorrow.

Best regards

Andy

Better to bite more than you can chew than have nothing to bite at all is what I say :wink:
Congrats on your new D800. It's a huge step up from the D7000.

I moved up from a d7000 and the difference is staggering - you will wonder why you thought the d7000 was a good camera :)

The d7000 is a good camera, however mine is now gathering a lot of dust!

Hmm, I didn't ditch my D7000 yet. I must be doing something different or wrong, but with my 70-200 VR1, I get better jpegs out of the D7000 than the D800 in crop mode. And the D7000 is far more forgiving than the D800 in terms of technique. The D800 is definitely a beast. Taming it is a huge learning curve but when the camera plants align, the results are phenomenal.

Congrats on your purchase.

Congrats on the D800. I, too, stepped up from the D7000, and the difference is amazing, especially with pro glass. Don't worry about the AF issues. The D800e I bought from B&H in March has no such issue.

There isn't much of a learning curve. You have two great resources (the Nikon manual and the people here at Nikon Café).

Shoot it, and don't be afraid to use it.

It's a great camera and you will have fun with it. I bought mine back in January and still learning, but the learning is fun and the photos incredible.:biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all for you replies. I won't be ditching the D7000 which will still get outings at football (soccer) matches. Bad news is that Amazon have now given me tomorrow as the delivery date. I think they were still waiting for stock when they advertised them as available. Philaitman, that news definately gave me a Wibble moment.
Now hoping for some good weather at the weekend.

Best regards
Andy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well it arrived this morning. Now figuring out the settings before hoping for some good weather over the weekend. New bigger memory cards on order and I'm hoping my laptop will cope with the files.

Best regards
Andy

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom