It's not addicting. I don't know what you're talking about!!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Phillip Ino, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Got to sleep in today(10am), hasn't happened in a long time! Went outside and I saw a Dragonfly hanging out on my car antenna. So I ran inside to grab my camera and rushed back out and slowly acclimated myself to the surroundings and got some hand held shots of this one. Nothing too spectacular, lighting was harsh, but I do enjoy capturing Dragonflies. :smile:

2683301840_c2271d0d01.jpg

2683301488_435c80e15e.jpg

2. Neat, beautiful color I do not see many reds!!! Getum where you can, He must be an inferior male, that has been run off the pond:smile:

3. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Truly great shots. I've never had any success in this area. They always fly away.

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Tom! Surprisingly enough there was another one..and it looked to be male as well. I also noticed a lot of them around my office at work, which is nowhere near any water as well. I find it kind of strange.

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks, Sanford. If you approach slowly and carefully, you should have them used to your presence in just a few minutes. That's all it took for these shots, and I was as close as 2 feet away.

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful dragonfly. I especially like #2.

7. Nice shots! I have never been successful shooting dragonflies but I keep on trying.
    Thank you for sharing.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

8. That´s a great looking Dragon!

9. francis
    those are great shots
    i bet you'll show us more one day soon

10. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreciate you looking :biggrin:

11. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Francis,
    Very nice dragon... There are some red ones here but they stay just out of reach. It's driving me nuts!:biggrin:

Keep up the good work...