1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

It's Not Easy Being Green....

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by OHcorgis, Sep 3, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

2824976130_a30f2e5b25_b.

A child pointed this one out. Sometimes it takes a little kid with new eyes!

2824976346_2928bcdee1_b.

2. NIce shots. Drives me nuts when I get shadows from the reeds! doesn't seem to take away too much in this series though.

3. I know what you mean, but in this case I was not allowed to cut down reeds or remove anything from the pond. I love the clear water.

4. Bolts

Bolts

May 7, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    Very sharp, Birgit. Immediately loved the third one but the second is growing on me. They kinda make me wish I was a frog with nothing better to do than float around a pond all day.

5. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Nice frogs Birgit.... And you're right "It aint easy being green."

Ahhhhh the wisdom of the immortal Kermit.

6. Yeah, it's okay until a big bird or snake gobbles you up:eek: :eek: 

Thanks Paul. When are you getting some new gear? And how was your old gear stolen?

It is almost 90 degrees here, but all the dragons are gone from my pond. Fall is coming.

7. Awsome shots!!!! Ya know frog legs are a delicacy!:wink:

8. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Birgit, that's a good question... When am I going to get new gear?.... Well, I am still waiting for the insurance to get sorted out. Hopefully I will hear something soon. I am starting to get a bit frustrated.

I was out taking photo's, I went back to my car and put everything in my trunk. While I was putting it away I noticed that I had lost a lens cap. I locked everything up and went to look for it. I was away from my car about 10 minutes or so and when I returned, the doors and trunk were open and all of my gear was gone. The passenger window was not broken in my car but rather pulled out of its track.

You're right Fall is definately making itself known.... cool morning and warm afternoons. I haven't even been over to my dragon area to see if there are any still around... I need to do that.

9. Geeze! I guess I will leave all windows closed up tight. I feel so bad for you, missing out on the remainder of the summer, not to leave out the awful feeling of being robbed. I hope you get your loss resolved by the time the colors change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.