It's so hard to say goodbye

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by dossy, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Yesterday afternoon I found this iguana by the edge of the road who looked like it was taking its last breath....
    1. Iguana11218-14-L.

This guy was hanging around not far away.....
    2. Iguana11218-5-L.

When I saw the first iguana in the early evening, it had obviously passed. The next morning I saw its buddy crawl to the body and stand over it for a long while. It was almost as if it was delivering the eulogy. I guess sometimes it's just hard to say goodbye....

3. Iguana11318-2-XL.

4. Iguana11318-10-L.

Thanks for looking!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BrianDW

BrianDW

May 14, 2014
    Portsmouth UK
    Interesting stuff. I think we constantly underestimate animals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Very interesting shots and story.

4. Thanks Brian. They are herbivores so I figured it wasn't eating it!
    Thanks so much, Gordon.

5. Interesting story and nice shots Dossy.

6. Fiveby

Fiveby

Dec 28, 2008
    Centerville OH
    Interesting. I actually thought they were omnivores. I still recall the first wild iguana that I ever saw. My first day at college in Miami. one fell/jumped out of the tree in front of me, hissed and walked away

7. Cool story. I wish I was in Tijuana.

8. The human race is the only living things on this planet to show loss & emotions...
    Great shots Doss...

9. Thanks so much Louie, Lori, Bobby, and Wally!

10. DOH, sorry, but I meant to say "The human race isn't the only living thing".
    I really need to proof read my answers more carefully... :geek:  :rolleyes: 

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I figured that, Wally! I know you are really in tune with your dogs’ emotions!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rogereh

Rogereh

Jan 5, 2018
    I believe elephants mourn their dead.

13. I've heard that also. And what about dogs who return to the graves of their masters. I saw a baby duck hit by a car in a parking lot, and the mother duck was hysterically poking and prodding it. The worst was when a male egyptian goose (they mate for life) was hit by a car and the female was pacing for days on the street by the body. Definitely something to it!

14. As I corrected in post #10, I actually meant to say "The human race isn't the only living thing".
    I believe that nearly all the animals on earth morn their dead in one way or another...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.