1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

It's tiring being a kitten!

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Mart61, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Here's Kipling, crashed out in the crook of my wife's arm. It's a hard life eh? :biggrin:

KiplingKippingFramed.
    NIKON D300    ---    105mm    f/8.0    1/60s    ISO 200

2. Awwww really cute! :smile:
    Thanks for sharing it.

3. How cute! Kittens are irresistible.

Also, I'm impressed that the kitten still has its claws. A lot of people in America get their cats declawed. I know in Germany that's illegal - is it in the UK?

If he's part bengal, did you get him from a cattery or from the shelter? Is it hard to get a full blood leopard cat there? (it's hard to get some full blood cats here in Maryland).

Kristin

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2008
  4. that is a SUPER CUTE shot, martin
    i'm enjoying watching KIPLING grow up in front THE CAFE's eyes

5. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    Fantastic Martin! He has the sweetest little face!

6. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Yes it is illegal in the UK. Even if it wasn't, there is no way I would deprive any cat from it's prime method of defence and escape, irrespective of the damage the claws might do to me or my belongings.

No, he didn't come from a shelter but from a person that had a bengal that "got out" whilst in season.

7. post

Great capture of Kipling, just so. Pun intended! :cool: :cool: 

8. awwww, he's absolutely precious! Well captured too!

9. Hey Martin, that is one of the nicest shots of a cat I've seen for a while...
    Superb... Well done mate....

10. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Thanks again guys.

Gosh, I'd forgotten just how manic kittens are! He never seems to stop, apart from when he's sleeping!

:biggrin:

11. Yeah, they sure have it rough.
    Gorgeous image, very well done!

12. You do WHAT? :eek: 
    But then it wouldn't be a cat anymore! Poor cats! :mad: 

13. Hear hear!

14. I don't do it! I actually lose a little bit of respect for my friends who prefer their carpets to their pet's digits. The shelters here give spiels to talk owners out of it, but it is legal. Our two cats both have all their claws.

Martin, I'm still enamored by how cute your kitten is, and how well you photograph it!

Kristin

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  15. Kristin, that's good to hear. That "you" was rather directed to the US as a whole, not to you directly. I'm sorry if I haven't made myself clear enough. :redface:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.