I've been delinquint posting lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Gibson, May 1, 2005.

1. Those of you who've been here a while know I've been busy dealing with the death (to lung cancer) of a worker and of my aged uncle. There hasn't been much time for shooting. I did manage to get to an outdoor shopping mall in Chicago called Old Orchard. Here are a couple of shots. On the way home I passed the Mars Bars factory...pretty nice, huh?

Rich

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images Rich,

Colors are great.

Sorry to hear of your losses.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rich,

Sorry to hear about your losses. It just makes you appreciate being alive and healthy doesn't it? We did miss you and are really glad to have you back.

These are great pictures, but I think that the resolution is way too low. Looks like these may be about 4.1 MP. To really capture these images properly, you must have at least 6.8MP, and preferably, 12.9MP.

Bwahahahahahahaha. 8)

Nice shots, really. :lol:

Frank

4. You are EVIL!

:twisted:

5. Death is part of life and something we all face. My condolences to you. Image #2 symbolizes birth and the beauty that it contains. Love that photo.

6. Beautiful Rich!! :D :D :D

7. Funny you mentioned that image. I was looking about for images among the colorful tulips when I spied this beautiful bed of flowers with the empty seat; for some reason I felt compelled to shoot. Perhaps the empty seat had a connection to the loss of Marty and impending loss of my uncle later that evening.

Rich

8. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Rich,
    #2 and 3 are very well exposed and sharp, very.. very well.
    May I ask what camera and lens combo was used and some of the tech data on these shots?
    Thanks,
    Jarrell

9. This is an amazing shot, Rich, both in technique and composition. My sympathy for your recent losses.
    They must have touched you deeply to allow you to create something like this.

10. Jarrell, thank you, I'm flattered coming from someone of your ability. I used the D2H for all the photos. #2 was at 56mm f/16 so it had to be the 24-85 f/2.4. The last was also the 24-85; 30mm f24. I wanted a long depth of field because the grounds are so beautiful.

Rich

11. Thanks Frank. I've taken care of Ray for 7 years. Alzheimers is a formidable enemy; right now you can't win. All of you folks please consider long term care insurance. If you are in reasonable health at age 55 it could cost $260 a month for a husband and wife and stays at that. Nursing homes cost about $6000 a month per person. You could easily wipe out your kids' inheritance in a few years.

Rich

12. Beautiful. Everytime I see D2X images posted, even being reduced...you know the quality of pixels are there. I envy the powerful tool you D2X guys have on your hands.

:)

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jonathan,

Like your new avatar. Are you getting out and about now?

14. I agree with Frank, nice shots for low res brick photos. When's the high res version going to be posted? 8)