1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

I've been having trouble keeping my ///Mind on photography

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StL_Don, Apr 25, 2007.

1. About a month ago I caught a bad case of lust that puts any form of lens lust I've had to shame.

I'm sure my wife thinks I'm going through some 2/3 life crisis (I'm way past mid)

Even my participation in the Café has suffered as I find myself drifting back to auto boards.

I was doing fine combating the lust for that one simple letter.... ///M
    Then I made the mistake of driving it and I knew that was all she wrote.

My fate was sealed when I took my camera gear along with a duffel to the dealer to make sure it would fit into the minuscule trunk... and it did! :biggrin:

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    WOW!

Super shots, super car, great color choice!

congrats!

Wade

3. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's the exact car I want when I grow up! (Or when the kids give up their silly demands....like college, clothes, cars, gas, etc.)

haze

4. NICE!

Congratulations :biggrin:

5. My wife and I are DINKs and I never did grow up, nor do I plan to!
    Heck, as of a couple months ago I don't even have a job anymore. :biggrin:

Tell the kids that education is overrated, get them a bus pass and send them to GoodWill for some duds - then go have some fun. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Don

-EDIT- I keep forgetting that I don't have a job... we're not DINKs anymore, just SINKs :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  6. Tweetybrd

Tweetybrd

Feb 8, 2007
    Arizona
    NICE!!!!

I now have a new dream car!:wink:

7. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Oh man, if only it were that easy! I'm hopelessly committed to these little money suckers. But keep us posted with lots of pictures and I'll enjoy it vicariously through you!

8. Just think how much glass you could've bought with the cash you saved if you'd only bought a Kia.... :tongue:

9. Great car, but your shots even make the gas cap look great! Fine shots, fine car.

PaulC

10. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    You're going to need that DI when the speeding tickets start piling up. At least NKS means that the insurance premiums will stay low!

DAB

11. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    That's pretty sweet Don. Awesome ride. Now I have to find some time to ride with you -- let's hit the botanical gardens sometime soon. I still say it needs a rollcage so we can get you out to GIR for some track duty. I'll be there June 9-10.

And don't forget: Valentine 1

12. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    No, he's got exactly the right kind of glass: rear view mirrors -- where everyone else is (except me of course). :biggrin:

13. Best bumper sticker I ever saw, on the back of a big honkin' Deluxe Motor Home:
    "We are spending our children's inheritance...." :biggrin:

I, however, was a touch more practical. When I went to the dealer it was with my beanbag in hand, to make sure it would fit on the window :wink:

Enjoy the sunshine :smile: :smile:

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats Don, I know that you two will share a wonderful life together. I have always been a "car guy", but I have slowed down and actually have put the most miles on any vehicle that I have ever owned on my current 1999 Dodge Ram 4x4. I deferred on buying something for me when I bought my wife a new car last May for Mother's Day. Next, I need to help Marissa buy a new car in June. So, it appears that my Ram is going to peak way over the century mark before it gets replaced.

15. Ooooh, gorgeous car!!!! Looks like a LOT of fun to drive!!!

16. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Great shots and my dream car even the right color. Congratulations Don.

17. Congrats ... great looking car, and great pix!!

I played tag with one heading up the Sierras last year and had a gas!!

Cheers!!

Ken

18. ...and your buying a new BMW? :confused: 

Well, I forgive you my son. At 55 I got a red Miata and drove it for 10 years. It was a blast. I took my (then 13 year old) grand daughter in it and after a while she said ".......Grandpa when you die can I have this car"

:Shocked:

19. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Nice ride dude....and some great shots!

Hey....is that scratch I see on the passenger door? :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.