I've been lurking.....

...around the pond...

Today I used my Tamron 90 an old manual one to shoot this. I put my flash on and just guessed at the exposure as it is all manual with my D50. I see this is over-exposed which I tried to fix in PS as much as possible. Anyway...C&C welcome!

331753961_TDCbV-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

a closer crop:

331753796_BVqMv-L.jpg

331753640_djzJP-L.jpg

Karma,
It looks to be a Male Western Pondhawk. This particular species isn't too skittish around people if you take it slow. In fact, I have had the males land on my camera. Nice shot.

Thank you! Is the blue one the Western Pondhawk? It was much less skittish than the black/white stripped one. That one would make several passes by me before landing for a short time.

Nice shots Karma. As you mention, a little overexposed but very nice. Do you shoot RAW or jpg.?

Karma,
For some reason I can't see the third picture. The first two (the blue dragon) are the Pondhawk. They get used to people pretty quickly, and it seems as though they are curious.

Tojor...I shot these RAW. Do you have a trick to fix the exposure? I tried a couple of things but I'm new to it all so would invite any advice.

Spectre, hmmm I don't know why the third photo doesn't show up??

If you can post a link to the original RAW file I can try and fix the overexposure.... Not saying I can, but I would try.

Karma, if you shoot Raw you can correct the exposure in NX or ACR or you can use the shadow/highlight tool in PS. Those blue powdered dragonflies are very hard to catch.

Nice shots, a bit hot exposure as mentioned, otherwise, nice...

You can use -EV correction during the nef->tiff/jpg convertion and I think atleast first one can be fully recovered...

OK, I should have clarified. I did tweak these in ACR, adjusting the exposure and such. I even tried running it through twice but it just didn't come out very good. I will go back out and try again...adjusting my flash or trying it without flash.

Latest threads

Top Bottom