I've been published!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jczinn, Nov 10, 2005.

1. I've gotten several requests for photos over the last several months, but of course no one wants to pay for them. However, my policy is that I will allow free, limited use to environmental, not-for-profit organizations, as long as I retain full copyright and am fully credited for the shot. Anyway, I was approached by someone at the Fish and Wildlife service who wanted some of my shots to use in their various educational publications, and I agreed...to me, that's a worthwhile cause, and its my small way of "volunteering" and giving back to the environment.

So my first published shot is now on the front page of a brochure for the St. Lawrence Wetland and Grassland Management District! I don't know if I am technically allowed to post it here, but you can check out this link where I've put the pdf on my site. My shot is the Bobolink.

http://www.jczinn.com/samples/JeffersonCounty_FactSheet_11-09-05.pdf

2. Congratulations Janet that is fantastic, I take the same approach as you do with letting someone use my pictures with only credits accompanying the pictures. It also gets your name out there

3. Hey, congratulations Janet!

While I'm sure the money would make it nicer, at least you get to know that your work is furthering a good cause. It's nice to get recognized either way I suppose, and not just by your friends at Nikon Cafe (and other established online services :smile: )!

I always enjoy seeing your shots, and your knowledge sharing and insight are invaluable to the rest of us. Thanks for doing this!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Janet, that is fantastic and is very well deserved!! Congratulations. :smile:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful Janet,
    You do beautirul work. Glad it has been recognized :>))

Wooohooo for Janet >)))

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Congrats! I agree that sometimes the money is secondary to a good cause. I've given away a bunch lately, in the hopes that they will further awareness of our deteriorating environment.

7. Great News! You not only deserve to be published but properly paid for it as well IMHO!

8. Great news and great shot. Well done.
    Dave

9. Hi Janet,

Great photo and well deserved credit for your work.

Bob & Nan

10. Congratulations -- I am very happy for you !! I have also been following the policy of "donating" shots to environmental, non-profit orgs, so I hope to follow in your footsteps some day --- after a lot more practice of course "~}
    BTW -- I have very much enjoyed your Yucatan && Peru series also.

11. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Congratulations

Super on you! Congratulations! Your photos are great and deserve being seen on a wide scale.

12. Well done Janet and well deserved! Supporting causes around the environment is really a very positive contribution that has a ripple effect in that others get to learn from your images. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Peter

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congratulations Janet...we are so excited for you.

14. Well thank you everyone for taking a look and offering your congratulations! I'm kinda excited myself ;-) They told me that they plan to use another of my shots on the cover of a regional report.

15. thank you but I cannot lay claim to the Yucatan photos--you must be confusing me with another--perhaps Zane Paxton who posted a wonderful Yucatan series recently. The Peru ones were mine, though! :smile: :wink:

16. Hey Janet Congratulations!!!!! I saw the bird that made you famous. Feels good to be acknowleded after all of the hard work you have gone through to get to where you are today. Nice shot of the picture of the bird.

17. Great news Janet, and congrats. You photos are always so beautiful and it's just a matter of time that they will appear on covers regularly.

18. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Congratulations Janet -- an excellent image and support of a good cause.

19. Well done Janet. Pam and I think that you will be on the front of the NG. very soon.:biggrin: :biggrin: :Happy: :Happy:

BW. Bob and Pam

20. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Congrats Janet !!! Those images are great, they are worth being published. It's so nice when others appreciate your work.

Keep it up and I wish lots of publications in the future!!!

Kind Regards

Johan