I've been without a camera for more than 3 weeks! Arggh!

Ever since my accident, I've been camera-less. I'm still in the process of getting my insurance to replace my equipment. Unfortunately I can only do so much, especially since my girlfriend is the only person who can bring me around. I don't know what I miss more, being able to shoot or walking? :p :roll: :wink: I even got black dressing for my leg cast because it reminded me of my camera! :(

Anyways, I was just asked to shoot a tuna fishing trip in Mexico this July, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand by then. It's a non-paid gig, but I don't have to pay for the trip and I get to fish for free! There's nothing like eating something that you caught several hours earlier.

I was thinking a nice fisheye (no pun intended) would be great on the boat. Anyways, I'm envious of all you guys out and about!

Hang in there Jonathan.

I can't even begin to identify with what you're going through. I just spent a month of nil/limited mobility following an achilles operation and that was frustrating enough. Heck I even got Paula to set me up in a chair on our deck with my camera on a tripod just so I could take birdie pics. So I can't imagine how tough things must be for you at the moment.

The only positive I can add is that when you can get back to shooting, you appreciate it so much more.

Neil

gho

Ah, fishing. I only shoot fish with my camera. Don't like fish much (eating wise that is). But sounds cool and all.

What a wimp I am - I messed up my toe (ripped the toenail off) last x-mas season, and I couldn't walk cuz it was too painful for me (yeah, I'm a baby). My wife had to drive me around, and I had to use those electric chairs at supermarkets. Pretty embarassing cuz it was only my dumb toe. My daughter, even helped me out.

Anyways. I digress. Here's a D2h fish pic for ya (BTW, are you getting the D2x for a replacement?):
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom