I've been without a camera for more than 3 weeks! Arggh!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Ever since my accident, I've been camera-less. I'm still in the process of getting my insurance to replace my equipment. Unfortunately I can only do so much, especially since my girlfriend is the only person who can bring me around. I don't know what I miss more, being able to shoot or walking? :p :roll: :wink: I even got black dressing for my leg cast because it reminded me of my camera! :(

Anyways, I was just asked to shoot a tuna fishing trip in Mexico this July, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand by then. It's a non-paid gig, but I don't have to pay for the trip and I get to fish for free! There's nothing like eating something that you caught several hours earlier.

I was thinking a nice fisheye (no pun intended) would be great on the boat. Anyways, I'm envious of all you guys out and about!

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Hang in there Jonathan.

I can't even begin to identify with what you're going through. I just spent a month of nil/limited mobility following an achilles operation and that was frustrating enough. Heck I even got Paula to set me up in a chair on our deck with my camera on a tripod just so I could take birdie pics. So I can't imagine how tough things must be for you at the moment.

The only positive I can add is that when you can get back to shooting, you appreciate it so much more.

Neil

3. ARGH!! Sorry to hear that Jonathan!! Hang in there!! :? :( :? :( :? :(

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. That's unfortunate if you can't make the trip in July. Take care of yourself and stay out of cars.

6. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Ah, fishing. I only shoot fish with my camera. Don't like fish much (eating wise that is). But sounds cool and all.

What a wimp I am - I messed up my toe (ripped the toenail off) last x-mas season, and I couldn't walk cuz it was too painful for me (yeah, I'm a baby). My wife had to drive me around, and I had to use those electric chairs at supermarkets. Pretty embarassing cuz it was only my dumb toe. My daughter, even helped me out.

Anyways. I digress. Here's a D2h fish pic for ya (BTW, are you getting the D2x for a replacement?):
    [​IMG]