I've changed my mind - technology is good

I freely admit to being a bit of a Luddite. This may seem odd for someone who has worked on or with computer technology since (almost) its inception. Yes, I built computers but that was to save money. I have even tried my hand at building loudspeakers. But, overall, I view technology as a tool not a toy.

Today I discovered that technology can be more than tool or toy. At my son's urging I set up Google video chat. Our first video conversation allowed me to see my 6 week old grandson in Austin from Colorado Springs. Technology can also be life enhancing.

In moderation technology is a wonderful thing.

It's when I'm relaxing out on the back porch and three different devices chime to let me know I have a non-urgent email -- that's when I start to look at it crosseyed ;)

Alas, it's how I make my living so it's inescapable.

I freely admit to being a bit of a Luddite. This may seem odd for someone who has worked on or with computer technology since (almost) its inception. Yes, I built computers but that was to save money. I have even tried my hand at building loudspeakers. But, overall, I view technology as a tool not a toy.

Today I discovered that technology can be more than tool or toy. At my son's urging I set up Google video chat. Our first video conversation allowed me to see my 6 week old grandson in Austin from Colorado Springs. Technology can also be life enhancing.
Sounds like you've found the best use for technology that there is!!

That is prob one of the things that blows me away about technology of today is the video chatting.

In moderation technology is a wonderful thing.

It's when I'm relaxing out on the back porch and three different devices chime to let me know I have a non-urgent email -- that's when I start to look at it crosseyed ;)

Alas, it's how I make my living so it's inescapable.
I feel the same way when my ipod, blackberry and computer all tell me I have an email and at different times after I it goes in my inbox.

Agreed. Both sets of grandparents are able to Skype (video) with our two-year old son. It makes everyone feel better.

Top Bottom