I've got my X back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luckynp, Nov 18, 2005.

1. I've got my X back after nearly 4 weeks with Nikon for repair. I can't tell you how happy I am.

2. Did Nikon do the firmware upgrade for you?

The upgrade solved most, if not all my problems. I realize there are people who think those of us claiming the upgrade did more than Nikon published, are crazy.... but see is believing. When the D2x is running on all cylinders, it is a fantastic camera

I hope your D2x is fixed and finally you can enjoy it.

Best of luck,

Dan

3. Sooooo..... what was the problem?

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,
    Glad the "X" is finally back in your capable hands....what little treat did you decide on to welcome it home?:biggrin:

5. none of my business really but I am curious wht it cost to fix a dropped camera in this case and did your insurance come through?

6. Nikon didn't do the upgrade, but it was the first thing I did when I got it back.

Repairs required were a new front body unit and bottom cover for the camera and a new bayonet mount for the 70-200.

Other than that, body depth adjust, reset all mirrors, test AF accuracy, adjust metering and exposure to Nikon standard and repair and adjust autofocus mechanism, clean and test CCD unit.

Cost was £557 and I anticipate no problems with the insurance.

And Leigh, I think I may treat it to an Expodisc and perhaps a Lumiquest softbox à la Uncle Frank.