I've Got Trouble Times Two.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tosh, Jun 5, 2005.

1. This weekend had two separate dance recitals -- one for my 5 year old and one for my 9 year old.

So, of course my D2H meter cr*pped out on me. I was able to shoot in manual without metering and salvaged these shots.

5 year old:
    [​IMG]

9 year old:
    [​IMG]

From the looks of my girls with make-up on, I think I've got much bigger trouble ahead of me than a D2H meter failure. Pardon the stage lighting.

Glenn

2. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Wrap it up and send to Nikon Melville NY for repair.

Sorry to hear.

Birger

3. GeneR

GeneR Guest

Glenn:

You do have big trouble ahead, and the meter should be the least of your worries. I shot my daughter's dance recital a month ago, and I ended up shooting manual as well. The outfits and the makeup certainly put things into a different light, and that is not a light that makes dads happy. Add to it that the routines seem a bit over the top as well. I don't know if that is the case at other dance studios, but the ladies that operate the one my daughter attends were NBA dance team members, and it shows in the routines.

I sure do dread the teen years.

Nice shots, by the way.

Good shooting,

Gene

4. Berger,

Thanks for your condolences. This is the 3rd D2h I've had. Ironically, I sold the others (which were problem free) and bought this one because it already had its meter replaced. I wanted that problem out of the way so that I wouldn't have to worry about it arising at the worst possible time. Silly me!

Gene,

The dance routines are a bit on the MTV side. My nine year old isn't aware enough to realize the connotations that go with some of the moves being made in these dance routines. Their childhood is certainly nothing like my childhood. But then I guess my parents were probably saying the same thing about me and my generation.

Thanks for your kind comments.

Glenn

5. D2H failure

Glenn, Having bought my D2H second hand, having had the repair already,... I thought it could not happen. I thought they had the chip soldered onto the board, or something similar. Orig it was a press fit?
    By the way did you have any symptoms before it happened? I am taking mine to China this summer, this is not giving me a good feeling. CS Dayan

6. CS,

Your thoughts and my thoughts were the same on the meter-repaired D2H. For everyone's sake, I hope my meter failure was a fluke. I haven't heard of any other instances of repeated meter problems.

I hand-delivered my D2H to Nikon Melville today. It will be a complimentary repair. Thanks Nikon.

Glenn

7. Brew

Brew Guest

Yes they are very pretty young girls so get that camera fixed before they grow up on you...

BTW my 10 y/o son is available if she's not attached :wink: :lol:

8. Follow up: Good News!

I brought my D2H in to Nikon Melville on Monday and received it back on Friday! I thought I'd be without a DSLR for a couple of weeks. Nikon sure put a smile on this photog's face. Looks like I will be able to shoot my 2 daughters' final soccer games of the season this weekend.

Thanks Nikon!

Glenn