I've gotta get a new hobby :-/

The 28-70/2.8 killed all the fun in hunting for new glass :-(. The damn thing lives on my d70, and even when I bring
along other lenses, I rarely find a reason to change. It's downright boring :-/. Here's a few shots taken at a local arts
and crafts fair.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 8101

View attachment 8102

View attachment 8103

View attachment 8104

View attachment 8105

View attachment 8106

I guess I'm going to have to find a new hobby... like taking pictures :?.

Frank,

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I can't hear you!!

Wonderful pictures.

UncleFrank said:
Hearing isn't the issue, Frank. You need to close your eyes :twisted:.
Oh, yeah.

Too late. :lol:

This place is going to get me emasculated. :roll:

UncleFrank said:
The 28-70/2.8 killed all the fun in hunting for new glass :-(. The damn thing lives on my d70, and even when I bring
along other lenses, I rarely find a reason to change. It's downright boring :-/. Here's a few shots taken at a local arts
and crafts fair.
Frank I really like the one of the lady in the turquoise hat. Her expression raises so many questions. What is she smirking about? Did you just tease her to get her to smile...etc. etc.

Nice work...great lens! Oh, yeah...I have one too now!

Rich

R

Removed User 2

"new hobby... something like taking pictures" LOL

This is the most true line I've read in a while! I see myself in this... :shock:

Rich Gibson said:
Frank I really like the one of the lady in the turquoise hat. Her expression raises so many questions.
What is she smirking about? Did you just tease her to get her to smile...etc. etc.
She was one of a group selling raffle tickets, and I just walked up, caught her eye, smiled, and pointed my lens at her.
I think this beautiful lady is quite used to being looked at, admired, and photographed, and rather enjoys it. I know I did 8).

Nice work...great lens! Oh, yeah...I have one too now!
Yes, you do, but I've yet to see you use it :p. What are you saving it for?

R

Removed User 2

Yes, you do, but I've yet to see you use it :p. What are you saving it for?[/quote]

I thought you already knew this: It's not about using it. It's about owning it :wink:

Hey, NB, I've taken your advice, and am using more than the long end of this lens. I just did an analysis of
the keepers from my last two events, and here's how it shook out:

At the 28mm stop: 29 clicks
Between 29mm and 50mm: 76 clicks
Between 51mm and 69mm: 65 clicks
At the 70mm stop: 62 clicks

So while I still favor the long end, I'm getting use from the entire range of this beauty :).

Here's one of my favorite 28mm shots. It's the groom signing the marriage license, with the minister
and witnesses hanging over his shoulder.

UncleFrank said:
Flew said:
This place is going to get me emasculated. :roll:
Pardon me for pointing this out, but at your age, isn't that irrelevant?
Oh yeah, I forgot. 8)

You turkey. :twisted:

Seriously, what end do you find yourself shooting at with this lens? If below 55, wouldn't the 17-55 serve as well? If close to 70, couldn't you use the 70-200VR?

See, I don't need this lens!!

I'm doomed. :cry:

R

Removed User 2

UF, the wide end is a must for weddings! By the way, you nailed the exposure on that picture. I believe this is the kind of situation where it's so easy to under and over expose.

And don't listen to flew... He *only* wants you to buy another camera and lens so then you can sell him your 28-70...

NB23 said:
And don't listen to flew... He *only* wants you to buy another camera and lens so then you can sell him your 28-70...
Me?? :twisted: :twisted:

Flew said:
Seriously, what end do you find yourself shooting at with this lens? If below 55, wouldn't the 17-55 serve as well? If close to 70, couldn't you use the 70-200VR?
I guess you didn't see the post right above this one.

Analyzing date from my last two events, and here's how it shook out:

At the 28mm stop: 29 clicks
Between 29mm and 50mm: 76 clicks
Between 51mm and 69mm: 65 clicks
At the 70mm stop: 62 clicks

But I do a lot of people pics, and favor headshots. This was taken at 65mm:

I'm doomed. :cry:
Only if you keep reading this forum :twisted:.

Uncle Frank,

The pictures are wonderful! I have the 17-55 and now you've got me thinking about the 28-70. But I see folks selling their 28-70 when they get the 17-55.............. so the question is--- is it duplication to have both and I know what you'll say :lol:

Just want your thoughts or anyones' thoughts on having both...

I am amazed at the colors you've gotten in hour pictures!

Best to you,
Gaye

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom