I've run out of lust!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by lexiticus, May 2, 2007.

1. Strange feeling, I was looking at what gear I had and was completely sated. I don't feel like I need any more equipment right now! Normally the purchase of one lens will get me set for about 2 weeks and then i'll have spotted another lens that I could use, but now I look at my collection and go, I don't really need anything else.

I have for Bodies
    D50
    D70s

Wide Angle
    Sigma 10-20

Sigma 18-200 (all purpose and dirt bike pics)

Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 (Wedding and indoor)

Low light / clubs
    Nikon 50mm f1.8
    Sigma 24mm f1.8

Macro
    Sigma 90mm f2.8 (1:1 with close up filter)

Long range
    Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro (I pondered replacing with the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 and then using my 1.4x teleconvertor, but I don't need a faster zoom, I barely use this one as is)

Its strange but I have all that I need!

2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    You then need a fisheye just to have fun :biggrin:

3. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    I think lusting is about 10% need and 90% want. So consider yourself safe... for now.

If this were about need, I could make do with a macro lens in the 90-105mm range and sell of the rest of my lenses. Hmm... how about having the 85PC micro as your only lens :wink:.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2007
  4. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    That is pretty generous... I would say .1% need and 99.9% want in my case :smile: :smile:

5. jaleel

jaleel

Apr 3, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    you "need" to upgrade to nikkors and 1.4 primes :biggrin:

6. RexRoy

RexRoy

Jan 4, 2006
    New York
    i'll give you a week. :biggrin: and i'm being generous. :biggrin:

7. Haha, ya, Its amazing though I just don't see a real need for anything new, I even looked at how much it would cost me to sell the Sigma 18-200 and get the Nikon 18-200 VR. But since it would put me out about 700$ CAD, I don't really feel it would be worth it for the VR and Af-s.

8. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Oh OK , so that's where you've got it all wrong : it's not that you have to need something new , it's just that you want something new. :wink:

9. You need a D2Xs :tongue:

Ming

10. Bingo!! and then with all that resolution you will have to upgrade to pro nikkor glass to get the most out of it..........

It never ends, now where did i put the money for that 500mm

11. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

Don't forget the new computer too, so that lex has enough processing power and hard drive space for those 12 MP RAW files :biggrin:.

12. Perhaps you are growing up? :)

13. You need 1.4 primes! And have you looked at tripods and ballheads lately...

14. :rolleyes:
    And you forgot to say... Spend your Money $$$...LOL....:rolleyes:

15. You need a PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D Tilt-Shift lens :cool:

16. Haha I even looked at tilt shift lenses, but I don't really shoot much architecture and MAN are they expensive!

Thinking I might upgrade my computer before I get back to lens lusting!
    Though it would cost me about 850 for a new Rig (Since i have half the stuff i need already)

17. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i think what we all "need" is more time shooting what we already have...;-))
    ..but then there's that 105 f2 dc ..hahahahaha
    I am sooooooooooo screwed ..lol
    ;-))

18. Jeff Lee

Jeff Lee

May 16, 2006
    Oregon
    Somehow, more shooting time is what I am lusting for. Hopefully by the middle of the month, I'll have my last item, I think for at least several years ( a D200).

While lens lusting is fun, I find that I haven't even begun to realize the potential of my current lines lineup. Truth be known except for the irrational desire to do more photography in the rain, even the D200 is not a "necessary" purchase.

I haven't bought any for astromony (my other hobby) in about two years and am finding that I am spending more time looking and less time "trying to find the right (whatever).

Of course a 200-400 would be a very nice lens to have:)