1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ivy after the storm.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Blooze, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Blooze

Blooze

Mar 8, 2008
    texas
    Here's a couple of pics of some Virgina Creeper on our fence between rain showers a while back. Nice overcast day so the lighting was good. The b&w is one of my first attempts at conversion.

2870128505_c1381faaca.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 254700

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2008
  2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Nice stuff Shane, both of them are great images

3. These ARE both really nice images. I love the BW one.

4. willg

willg

Nov 22, 2007
    New Jersey, USA
    Don't think you can get much better than the color shot &2

5. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    That first shot is amazing.

6. Blooze

Blooze

Mar 8, 2008
    texas
    Thanks everyone!

I'm surprised at what the 18-55 kit lens can do. I need to get a tripod for doing those shots though, make life a little easier.

Question: I know I can do 8x12's with these prints, no problem, but is there any issues going up to the 12x18 (is that the next step up in the 2:3 ratio ??) with the 6MP sensor on the D40?

7. I have two 16*24 prints displayed in my living room from a 6MP dslr with a Sigma 18-200. They get raves, and I still enjoy them! They remain my largest displayed prints! :eek: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.