J & J - Engagement Session

I had the joy of shooting Jen and Jason and their engagement session up on Hawk Hill in Sausalito, CA (with a spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge).

If anyone is interested in the full blog post CLICK HERE.

Otherwise, here you go!

i-c84G23d.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-dKSGHtJ.jpg

i-JStfZJ3.jpg

i-58G75C4.jpg

i-s83RFpD.jpg

i-5Gz5ttD.jpg

i-BkTnDgN.jpg

i-cxTGrnT.jpg

i-msN8Xcm.jpg

i-zFjj8wD.jpg

i-n8VQsqL.jpg

i-Kxt5ZTM.jpg

dude I love these pictures. I looked through them and felt their love and emotion for each other which I haven't felt looking at pictures in a long time.

Nailed it!

Man, that means a lot.

This e-shoot probably had more raw emotion in it than any other I've ever shot. I'm super happy with the results. Thank you!

I think #8 is my favorite.

Watch the funny expression on her face in number 11.

Really solid set overall.

Great set. My only nitpick would be #3 which is out of focus. You probably intentionally did this for the effect, but I think it would have been better in focus. Good news is they'll think it's for the better :) All your other pics have proper depth of field, so I am only nitpicking here :)

Amazing Mike!!

5 & 10 definitely do it for me!!

Thanks Charlie!

I think #8 is my favorite.

Watch the funny expression on her face in number 11.

Really solid set overall.

I actually saw this, and my wife noted that to me as well, but I left it in. Something I'm usually quite aware of, but by this time it was absolutely freezing, and my thoughts were of my frozen fingers. Thanks for the heads up.

Great set. My only nitpick would be #3 which is out of focus. You probably intentionally did this for the effect, but I think it would have been better in focus. Good news is they'll think it's for the better :) All your other pics have proper depth of field, so I am only nitpicking here :)

Thanks man. I did leave this in intentionally. My wife, who gives the final seal of approval, hates shots like this. But I love including just one or two for artistic merit. I was a business major with what should have been a minor in psych, so I'm always thinking psychologically with my clients. A shot like this tells them that some shots can be out of focus, and still great images. So that way, if on their wedding day, I get an image that's ever-so-slightly out of focus, they're not put off by it, and assume it's intentional. Plus, I just ended up liking the way the focus is almost on the flare about 3 feet in front of them.

Sorry about the long explanation. I tend to over think things.

actually, that's a really valid explanation and I'll keep that in mind. Most people tend to overdo bokeh and I've seen worse sun flare/out of focus shots--ones that were a little more in focus--and obviously was missed unintentionally. Yours didn't look bad to begin with, but I just thought it could have been better.........however, after your explanation it's looking very good :-D

Great shots, I would have fixed her eyes a bit in #4 and on #6 she would have looked good in cowboy boots, although those heels would be my second choice.

there's a really nice, natural feel to these shots, as though you weren't really even there (if that makes sense). i really dig that. great use of natural light!

Thanks Theo.

This is the first shoot where I didn't feel like I needed to be heavily involved. It was mostly like, "Go stand over there. Now be yourselves", and this is how they turned out.

lol for some reason that just made me laugh

Wish I could say things like this. She's a fitness junky and healthy life kinda' gal, so she was very comfortable in front of the camera. She quite enjoyed being a "model" for the day. He was a little nervous when looking at me, but once he got next to her, he relaxed and just kinda' melted into her, and she into him.

Blah. I'm getting all romantic now. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom