1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

J & W Wedding, 8-29-08 (pic intensive)

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by Jetta32696, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Some of you may have seen my "detail" post from a few days ago. I was able to edit a few pics that I liked from the day. Here they are...

Here's the bride...

370207073_6QLPx-XL.

...and the groom

370206754_EExfh-XL.

the happy couple together...

370207395_Jwq5M-XL.

370211322_hooFu-XL.

usher and MOH

370209483_gwTWi-XL.

one of the BM's during the ceremony

370206544_WsNUL-XL.

couple of candids

370204421_KoQQT-XL.

370209302_yt8tP-XL.

370208885_wE8uA-XL.

370205671_qcJcY-L.

2nd hottest wedding guest EVER....(after my lovely girlfriend, of course!!)

370209109_pHyrX-XL.

Bride and her father

370208058_XBnC7-XL.

garter toss...

370209694_zrW4a-L.

lastly, exhausted flower girl w/B&G...

370206071_UHZAY-XL.

Comments always welcome. Thanks for looking.

2. SMH77

SMH77

Feb 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Great Series Keith! Colors look great, bride is beautiful (love the first shot), good creative angles--great work! :wink:

Sean

3. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    very nice Keith...yes she is hot and btw #5 that Chinese character is "love"

4. Nice stuff Keith! Great angles...

5. Thanks Sean!! Pretty brides almost always make the day's work seem easy!!

Thank you Brad. I guess she loves cherries? :biggrin:

Thanks Jim. I've always been a fan of a little tilt here and there... LOL

6. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Hey Keith - I liked your detail post from this one too. Love #3 of the B&G. Great images and nice to see the series.

7. keith....
    great shots
    looks like a wonderful wedding
    they'll love them

8. Keith, congratulations on a wonderful wedding series.
    I love them all and really like the first as a ring shot. Well done!

9. :smile: Thank you Leah! Much appreciated.

I hope so. Thanks Greg. I'm giving them to the contracted photo today. Hopefully the B&G will be happy.

Thank you Darrell. The first shot is one of those "multipurpose" shots..I'm not sure what he'll do with these.

10. I have been missing your work around here Keith, glad to see you took the time to post a few for us. You not only do a great job of getting the lighting and colour down, but you have great timing like in pic # 1 and #2, you really captured their emotions in these shots.

11. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    These are some nice shots...good job.

I differ with some here on the angles. All of your verticals with the exception of one are shot on the same angle. In my opinion looking for more variety of angles will keep your shots more interesting when viewing together. Also, if I may...in the third shot having the B and G looking in different directions is distracting to me.

Just my two cents. Nice stuff, though.

12. Thanks Michael. I miss having work to post. :biggrin: It feels good to be able to contribute to such a great community. Candids are what I enjoy more than the formals and such, so sometimes you have to just wait for the right moment...

I appreciate the comments dutch. I didn't notice that about the angles, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I do what works for me, and the 8-10 pics here are just a small sample of the 1200 or so that I took that day... The B&G shot you mention was a candid and sometimes it just happens like that. :biggrin:

Thanks for taking the time for sharing your opinion.

13. I reckon this one is kind of special :smile:

14. Thanks Desmond. :biggrin: I'm not sure if I should have posted this one - this guy is a detective on the police force where I work... LOL

15. A part of pj style is capturing moments like this for everyone to enjoy - but then there is the 'discretion' factor where you have to decide [ especially with women !] whether the person will take offense or not .
    I reckon this one should be printed and sent to his department !

16. ROTFLMAO - :biggrin: I might get shot if I did that... I've never been a fan of bullet wounds!!

17. Yeah , I reckon "instant lead poisoning" might be a possibility .

18. Print this one and put it up on the pinboard and tell him it was my idea - just warn me if he buys a plane ticket to New Zealand ....:biggrin:
    I removed the edit I did , you'll be able to access the picture from your email reminder ....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.