J2 for underwater or j4 for underwater and as a travel kit

heading on a trip to USVI and will do some snorkeling.

Looking at a J2 for less than $150 used and the waterproof housing for $50 (new)
OR
J4 might be $200+ and waterproof housing around $200.

I shoot a D3s for my business, travel with a D700 (to reduce size/weight) + 17-35, 24-70 and sometimes the 70-200 and my wife has a D5300 which I really like.

My question is this:
Do i get the J2 and housing for basically a one off event and any future water based activities OR spend a little more and get a J4 and actually use it as a travel camera elsewhere.

After using a D3s and D700 would a lightweight J4 satisfy me as a full time travel camera? Would the quality of images (mostly web viewing, family, sights with some creative options such as LE etc) and the quality of handling and speed of the camera be satisfactory? Or should I stick with a D5300 type for travel and just use the J2 for water stuff.

Of course I know I can add an adaptor and use my good glass too but think now i use the D3s for work daily i think that a small kit for travel would be great.

Cheers
Wembley

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom