Jac-in-the-pulpit

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dmwphoto, May 12, 2005.

1. I had to do some serious contortions on the side of the mountain to get this. I was unable to locate any more of these in hope of finding one further along in bloom.
    [​IMG]

2. WHOA MOMMA!!!! What a spectacular shot Dave!! Well DONE!!! :D :D :D :D

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'd say it was worth the contortions! Beautiful.

4. Don't we all exhibit a bit of yoga at times to get a shot? :lol:
    I have seen photogs who behaved like they practiced for their next Kamasutra session :lol: :lol:

This one came out nice, although I would have liked to see more of the lower part of the flower as well. I generaly love Araceae very much.
    Cheers

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Dave,

That flower is open all the way.. The petal protects the pulpit :>))

Used to go hunting these in the woods as a kid as well as the Lady Slipper.

Darned hard to find.

You got a good specimen

6. Bryan, Leigh, Harry, and Gale,
    Thank you for the feedback on the cropping as well as the state of bloom. I appreiate the comments.

7. Excellent Dave, sacrificing the body for the shot. Well done and a good nature photo.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty nice shot Dave, but I too would like to have seen the full length of the flower. What lens?

9. Gordon, Thanks for the comment.
    Frank- Again it was the 200 f4 micro

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Are you coming to the Merritt shoot in a couple of weeks? I'd love to meet and shoot with you (as would the rest of the gang, I'm sure....;-)), and we could have a 'battle of the lenses' between that 200 Micro and the 70-200 + 500D. It would be great fun.

Hope that you can join us.

11. Frank,
    I am sorely tempted, but just finised a vacation so wont be taking another for a while. I just got back from the chincoteague shoot and had a great time with 3 guys from NPN. the cafe members that were coming all had other things come up, but I am glad I went. will post some images soon. Thanks for the invite, we will have that lens shoot out soon, I hope.

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dave,

Well, I hope that you can find a way to come down to Merritt, but if not, you'll have another chance in mid-July. Patrick, Leigh, and I are planning an all day cook-out and shooting session for Cafe members at the local botanical garden here in Huntsville then. The official announcement will be posted soon.

Hope you can make that if you can't get to Merritt.