Jac-in-the-pulpit

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
I had to do some serious contortions on the side of the mountain to get this. I was unable to locate any more of these in hope of finding one further along in bloom.
21922617-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Don't we all exhibit a bit of yoga at times to get a shot? :lol:
I have seen photogs who behaved like they practiced for their next Kamasutra session :lol: :lol:

This one came out nice, although I would have liked to see more of the lower part of the flower as well. I generaly love Araceae very much.
Cheers

Hi Dave,

That flower is open all the way.. The petal protects the pulpit :>))

Used to go hunting these in the woods as a kid as well as the Lady Slipper.

Darned hard to find.

You got a good specimen

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Bryan, Leigh, Harry, and Gale,
Thank you for the feedback on the cropping as well as the state of bloom. I appreiate the comments.

Pretty nice shot Dave, but I too would like to have seen the full length of the flower. What lens?

dmwphoto said:
Gordon, Thanks for the comment.
Frank- Again it was the 200 f4 micro

Dave,

Are you coming to the Merritt shoot in a couple of weeks? I'd love to meet and shoot with you (as would the rest of the gang, I'm sure....;-)), and we could have a 'battle of the lenses' between that 200 Micro and the 70-200 + 500D. It would be great fun.

Hope that you can join us.

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Frank,
I am sorely tempted, but just finised a vacation so wont be taking another for a while. I just got back from the chincoteague shoot and had a great time with 3 guys from NPN. the cafe members that were coming all had other things come up, but I am glad I went. will post some images soon. Thanks for the invite, we will have that lens shoot out soon, I hope.

Dave,

Well, I hope that you can find a way to come down to Merritt, but if not, you'll have another chance in mid-July. Patrick, Leigh, and I are planning an all day cook-out and shooting session for Cafe members at the local botanical garden here in Huntsville then. The official announcement will be posted soon.

Hope you can make that if you can't get to Merritt.

Latest threads

Top Bottom