Jack

This is my nephew, Jack, taken today at the Easter family gathering. Jack is disabled. He's 10 and manages okay with loving parents.

Interesting.. this loses a lot of sharpness in posting it here. The print is better. Oh well.

Tom

41316367.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a moving image. People with disabilities often find themselves inside looking out at the world. You have captured that so well here.

thanks Mike, Dawg and GF

greyflash said:
This is a moving image. People with disabilities often find themselves inside looking out at the world. You have captured that so well here.

That's a good point. Jack doesn't speak. He has communicated using special techniques (a board where he points to letters to form words) and we learned there's a lot going on in there, which he can't communicate. He is maintreamed in a regular classroom and obviously knows how to spell.

Thanks for the comments. I like this one, too.

Tom

thanks

NeilCam said:
Not a lot to add, but it really is a beautifully done portrait Tom. Thanks so much for letting us see it.

Neil

I appreciate your comments, Virginia, Neal and all.

Tom

tweber said:
Interesting.. this loses a lot of sharpness in posting it here. The print is better. Oh well.

In my opinion this wonderful image would suffer from too much sharpness. This little bit of unsharpness renders it a bit remote yet not less touching.

tweber said:
This is my nephew, Jack, taken today at the Easter family gathering.

That's a precious picture, Tom. What was Jack looking at?

That's because pBase squished it. Here's why, and how to avoid that happening again...

https://www.nikoncafe.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=1085

... and here's Jack's picture in unsquished format.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
UncleFrank said:
tweber said:
This is my nephew, Jack, taken today at the Easter family gathering.

That's a precious picture, Tom. What was Jack looking at?

That's because pBase squished it. Here's why, and how to avoid that happening again...

Frank,

Thanks a lot for the pbase info. I think the difference is dramatic.

Jack was probably just looking at passing traffic. He had been alternately pressing his nose against the glass, a sample of some of his repetetive behaviors which seem to be self stimulating. We all often wonder "what he's looking at" and how the world looks from his perspective.

Tom

Latest threads

Top Bottom