jackie

a freind of mine asked me to do a few photos for her.

this is about my 3rd month doing photography as a hobbie, let me know what ya think:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

hey fastfoci,

Here are a few observations (my opinion).

Pic 1 - not a fan of the pose, doesn't look natural or comfortable. Also, the location + attire doesn't make sense to me as a viewer (specifically, those shoes on grass, near an old site of some sort, wearing business clothing... my brain doesn't compute).

Pic 2 - see 1, + the reflection on her glasses is distracting.

Pic 3 - much better, although her arms are cut off in a weird way. But I like the exposure and the facial expression (one off hairs could be cloned/cleaned up).

Pic 4 - I like a lot.

Pic 5 - I like a lot apart from the shoes. I'd prefer to see her barefoot almost (it would look more natural to me). A couple of blown highlights (nose and shoulder). But really good.

Pic 6 - a tighter crop would be nice in my opinion. Also, the outfit + bike doesn't compute for me. I'm probably program to associate either leather gear (male or female) to a sports bike photoshoot or girls wearing next to nothing... not business attire.

These are my unprofessional thoughts, good work overall.

Cheers,

R

I should add that it's all about interpretation. When I see pictures, I interpret them a certain way, which is why my observations (apart from photography ones) merely describe what I thought and felt as I observed and interacted with the subject.

Cheers,

R

thank you. i see some of that now. we only have about 20 mins to shoot. we went to a nice garden but we didnt know it was booked for a wedding so we had to move spots.

R

Ron S

Nice shots, I know nothing about the details on portraits, so no critique from me :)

Pretty model. I'd hit numbers 1 and 3 with some levels to make the blacks darker. Her skirt in both looks too light, especially compared to number 2. Number 5 has a couple of problems for me. To my eye it seems to be overly saturated (which is fine if it is your vision). Here face is also picking up the reflection/color cast from her shirt and flower. Would definitely take some effort to remove it, but could probably be done. I do like number 4 although I think it either should be tilted more or not at all. Something just catches my eye as being 'off'.

Take this for what it's worth, because I don't do modeling at all (on either side of the camera:tongue:)

Since you've asked for critique.
All would be easier to see if posted larger. Usually 900 on the longer side of the pic when resizing before posting here works well.

1) Although apparell does match the environment that has nothing to do with the quality of the pic. Subject looks a tad soft to me. Should've used a lower f stop to enhance background bokeh/blur. Would've helped "pop" the model off the pic. Also would allow for faster SS.

2) Nice again except for hotspots on forehead, nose & left shoulder, but easily fixable in PP.

3) Great shot. superb bokeh & lighting. Well done.

4) Love the B&W/sepia. Great processing.

5) Nice composition, however WB is way off, & hotspots on nose, shoulder, & wrist.

6) Nice shot, again lower f stop for bokeh.

Beautiful young lady btw...

I agree with everything Jim says. My main gripe is that her legs are not her best feature, particularly in #1--I hope she's not your wife or your girlfriend. The shots where she's wearing jeans are far better.

Bruce

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom