1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jacklynn Graduates

Discussion in 'People' started by Rick727, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    My oldest daughter Jacklynn graduated from high school today. Here are a couple of pictures I took before the ceremony.

In this picture I like her smile but I didn't use my SB-800 for fill.
    566168606_5fcfae8bc2_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here I did use the flash on camera but I don't like her expression as much.
    566563245_f91d974114_b.png

Obviously I still have much to learn in taking portraits. Fortunately she gets to keep her cap and gown and I can take more pictures.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Second one is really great

First could actually use shadow/highlights in PS to bring it in line with the correct lighting

3. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    Thanks Gale.

Unfortunately I don't have PS yet. I've been using NX for all my PP. I did play around with the levels some more after I posted these pictures and added a control point on her face to lighten it some. These actions did help some but they still don't look as good as the second. Like I mentioned in my first post, we still have the cap and gown and I can shoot more pictures later.

Again, thanks for you input Gale.

4. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Rick, Not sure if there is a way with NX to convert it to SRBG, but here is the difference Nothing else done
    The colorprofile was Nikon Adobe RBG

80779653.gif

View attachment 101433

5. Nice job on the second one.

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Beautiful girl... congratulations...that's a milestone... one of many that will be coming.

7. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    Dan, you're right, it does look better in sRBG and yes it can be done with NX. Thank you. I keep forgetting to change the colorprofile to sRBG when posting to the web.

8. Rick727

Rick727

Jun 1, 2007
    Hamilton, NJ
    Melissa and Seneca, thank you for your positive comments.

Seneca, hopefully you're right. Jacklynn starts college in August and will be taking nursing. Nothing would make me happier than to post pictures of when she becomes an RN. Also, next year, my youngest daughter, Nicole, graduates high school.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.