1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jacob

Discussion in 'People' started by Phil, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Here are a couple shots of my friends son Jacob. He is going into some type of modeling and needed some pictures for his portfolio. I took these using my D300 and 50 f1.8 and flash for fill light. I took about 75 shots and put them on a disk for them. She brought the disk to Walgreens to get prints and they told her that they were professional photos and could'nt process them unless she signed a consent form stating they were not. I don't know if they do this all the time but it made me feel good about my photo skills.

2703881234_3e132e5e12.

View attachment 227232

Thanks for looking.

2. The lighting and colors look really good. There is something about the second one that I don't like. His arm just looks like it is uncomfortable and it makes me uncomfortable. Just my opinion... otherwise, nice job. They should be pleased. And, since I have had several horrible Walgreens experiences with no response from the company, I will once again recommend to anyone that listens to avoid using Walgreens for their photo printing needs! :mad:  And, yes, Walmart, Sam's, etc. all ask for this consent form most of the time and I did the same thing the first time they asked for it. LOL! Since Walmart thought I was a pro, I thought I was a pro.

3. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Actually he just leaned his head down to his arm from the first shot but i see what you mean. I have never used Walgreens or Walmart to get prints of my photos. I thought this was kind of wierd since the pictures I took were on a disk.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I agree with Anthony...that second shot is just not working for me...his arm is way too high...plus it's just not a boyish pose. First one is good....just watch the clothing next time.

5. Phil

Phil

Nov 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks Sen, You and Anthony are right about the second pose. What do you mean about the clothes?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.