Jaden turns 10 months

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    The little grandson is growing up. He is crawling and pulling himself up to stand. We bought him a little Fisher Price musical chair for Christmas and he loved it.

Here he is playing with his new toys.

View attachment 22795

Proud of himself for standing up next to a table. The background was distracting and I tried to minimize it as much as possible. If any of you have other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

View attachment 22796

2. Beautiful images, loads of color. good looking young man!
    Dave

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    How precious! He still has that sweet innocent baby look....but you can also see the "big boy" coming through! Oh the fun when he starts walking for sure! Give him big hugs and kisses for us!

4. Jaden is a nice looking boy and your pictures of him are really nice Terri. That last image is a keeper for sure, he looks so happy to be with his grandma and grandpa.

5. Terri,
    These shots are really nice. I know how hard it can be to photograph a 10 month old (my daughter). They never stop moving!

As for the backgrounds, I personally don't find them distracting. They add to the scene in these. We all know he is playing around on the floor and that there will be other objects nearby.

If you want to try a formal portrait, you may want to buy an inexpensive piece of black fabric which you can drape as a backdrop. I've had pretty good luck with this as a non-distracting background for this age.

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thank you all for your encouragement

Jaden lives about a 4 hour drive away from me, so I don't get to see him as often as I would like. The photos are precious to me because I can see him even when he is far away!!!

I agree about 10 month old babies being hard to photograph. He is in perpetual motion. I just kept firing away!

Thanks again all of your for visiting here.

7. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    How cute, very good capture Terri :)

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Beautiful images, Terri. He is such a handsome young man. The skin tones look just great and the over color saturation is very pleasing. At his age, I'm thinking that he can be quite a handful!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Precious images Teri.

Moments of a lifetime :>))

Keep shootin......

10. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great images, grandma.....4 hours isn't so bad - my grandkids are in south Florida!

11. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    Terri, if only they stayed like this forever! Sweet child great shots!

12. One word for all three photo's : BEAUTIFUL

Beautiful color
    Beautiful sharpness
    Beautiful child

13. Great shots Terri! What a lovely child.
    I can't wait till my baby really starts communicating actively with its environment, although she will keep us even more busy than now. All I get now is mainly pics of her sleeping or drinking (the third activity isn't really good for photography :smile: ).

Cheers

14. pbenedic

pbenedic

Mar 9, 2005
    Wow!!

Given your in-house constraints, you really made some wonderful shots of a very cute kid. Thanks for posting.

15. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks all

There have been some positive comments here about my color. I want to tell you what I did. I just used auto white balance. I wasn't all that pleased with the skin tones. Those of you who are familiar with me know I have been struggling with getting them right. There is a man on DPreview who swears by the flash +1 white balance for shooting indoors and out with the flash. I took a photo with flash +1 to see what color temperature and tint came up in ACR. The temperature was 5650 and the tint was +11. I just applied those settings to the pictures of Jaden and was much happier.

Do you think that all pictures with the flash +1 setting would be 5606 and +11in ACR? I'll have to test it out and see.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for your comments. This little guy is so special to our family. My daughter and her husband went through several years of problems before they could get pregnant or not miscarry early on. He is a little miracle baby.

16. What a cute kid!