Jags vs. Bills (youth)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng34ine, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

Well.... conditions were brutal here in sunny, sunny Florida. Here are the conditions: sunny and HOT, team shooting consist of black athletes, uniform has white pants!!! I always shoot JPEG and I dont have time for much PP.

What do you think?

TBYFL_11.jpg

TBYFL_12.jpg

TBYFL_13.jpg

TBYFL_14.jpg

TBYFL_15.jpg

TBYFL_22.jpg

TBYFL_24.jpg

TBYFL_25.jpg

TBYFL_26.jpg

TBYFL_27.jpg

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Good work Rolly, no real nits from me. I don't know if you process with PhotoShop, but if you do, some gentle work with the Dodge tool to open the faces might help a bit. My overall impression is that your work is very good.

3. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    i'm sure glad our football players are tough enough not to need helmets. What a nightmare.

4. Tough conditions try shootigninto the sun and opening your camera up to get more light on your faces or liek frank said use the diodge too with a setting of about 20 on midtones with a small brush

5. Great pics, nice work Rolly

6. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

not bad at all considdering the sun and uniforms..... aside from what the other guys said here's what i would do .... use a new levels adjustment layer ... slide the midtones slider untill your faces look about where you want them and then click ok ... yes that will fudge up the rest of the photo but thats ok .... after that throw on a layer mask and hit ctrl+I to invert the layer mask .... now all you need is a brush and the white forground selected and paint in the area's where you want to lighten the shadows a bit.... it's non-distructive and a bit more consistant than using the dodge tool .... nice work !

7. thanks! I am going to try to do that. I'll let you know how it turns out.

8. Simba909

Simba909

Mar 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    They look good Rolly, I think I will try what the others have suggested.

9. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Any time ! .. im looking forward to seeing what you come up with