Jaguar fix

Hey Everybirdy,

While I usually don't mess with zoo animals too often, if at all, but I decided to try and make something of this jaguar.
It's a nice full frame head shot that I thought might be worth saving. Shot through a plexiglass window, in a pretty well shaded pen, ISO 400-1/125 sec at f/6.7 may not have been the most optimal setting.
Aside from boosting the exposure +1.60 in ACR with a slight bump on the brightness and saturation, I utilized a technique that I'm sure has a name. Can't recall if I picked it up here or elsewhere so my apologies to the originator. Sharpened the original, a good bump on the shadows/highlights, then duplicated layer, hit the noise filter>median at 3 or 4 pixels. Ran the eraser tool on the jaguar and merged.

Just having a little fun, but any constructive critique is appreciated of course.

Original:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fix
View attachment 95483

I'm not all that good at fixing cast color yet, in fact I havent' messed with it at all. I just hit this in image>adjustments>color balance and drew down the blue in shadows and midtones.
Any better?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ya did good...
One of the ways to get rid of a cast is to use selective color and play with the sliders.
No special recipe:>))
Also hue/sat can help you out

There are several ways Tom...
So if you get a really tough one, post it and we can always try other ways as well:>))))

Actually your WB was prob off.
Did you shoot in raw:>)))))

Thanks Gale. Yeah, shot it RAW, as always, I'm a permanent convert now since August '06.
I didn't want to go above 400 ISO but kept the shutterspeed a bit high and flash would have surely bounced off the plexi window. Appreciate your feedback.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom