1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

James Bond-esque

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by shanelu87, Sep 20, 2008.

1. My friend wanted to have a James Bond theme when he got picked for Homecoming Court for our university, so I applied some nitty gritty Dave Hill effect to his portrait. This was done all without Lucis Art, and shot with sun and one strobe. CC Appreciated.

aabrb4.

2. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Love it!

Well executed and conceived.

3. Nchesher

Nchesher

Jul 7, 2006
    Lansing,MI
    Love it. Awesome.

4. Way cool photo. Would like to see the eyes, but this is a nice photo.

5. TCMony

TCMony

Jul 20, 2006
    McDonough GA
    This turned out excellent. He could pass of as a "00" very neat.

6. drdrew

drdrew

Dec 28, 2007
    missouri
    right on!

7. Nikhe

Nikhe

Oct 8, 2006
    Sweden
    I really like it!
    Perhaps a bit to much contrast on the face though?

8. hellogan

hellogan

Nov 26, 2007
    Chicago
    very nice effect. was this done through actions in photoshop?

9. Great lighting there. Was there a soft box on the right and another light with a reflector on the left?

10. Thanks for all the comments! Hellogan, to answer your question, this was done through the ACR Camera RAW window, I changed the vibrance, saturation, contrast, etc. THen I dodged and burned some other areas.

Nathan, it was just a straight strobe at 1/1 power. A softbox wouldn't give the hard light and also wouldn't provide enough power.

11. Looks great!

I think I would have done about 2 minutes of face work before I applied my effect.

I think it would be a little cleaner photo.(Look how clean the hand is.) The high contrast in the face really makes his imperfections (bumps) stand out.

Fix those first, then add the effect you get the "edgy" look without the imperfections jumping out at you.

Just my .02 Nice Work!

12. Thanks for the advice, Tim! I will try that next time. The sky was perfect, so we went to the roof of my tower to try to catch some of the blue. It came out very well considering the clouds were moving in fast.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.