James Nachtwey

I imagine that many here are familiar with the amazing work of war photographer James Nachtwey, but for those who aren't please see his website at the following link.

Witness

If you are a Netflix member you owe it to yourself to add the documentary "War Photographer" to your Queue.

his speech at TED was very powerful. i was captivated at my computer for 25 minutes watching him take the viewer through the lens. let me see if i can dig it up.

B

BigPixel

Thanks Stuart and Blair. What a moving talk that so eloquently underscored his imagery.

Blair,
Thank you for contributing the link. James doesn't do a lot of talking in the documentary.....he's obviously a very reserved man......this speech gives great insight in to what an incredible person he is. Of course his photo's do that even better.

Thanks again.

Agreed... that is a great documentary... my wife was fairly bored, but I enjoyed it thoroughly... what amazes me is he places himself right in the middle of crazy people, who are killing other human beings and lives through it. You would think those doing the killing would turn on him because he's an American. I know he's been shot several times but sheesh... :eek:

He is very reserved. Like bwilder said, he'll be in the middle of a warzone or an area where a massacre happened and he'd have the same demeanor as someone reading a book. Seems like nothing really phases him anymore.

Great photographer, a decent documentary. Worth the rental.

B

BigPixel

I don't get that at all. He may be a reserved speaker but that belies his involvement with his subject matter. Lets call him a professional, an adult, a soft spoken advocate of non-violence. This man is a national treasure.

Well said, Mike. I saw that documentary a couple of years ago and have followed his work since then, or, I should say, "the work he's made availible online since then."

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom