Janell's hair

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, Apr 15, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    These were done last night for Janell's significant other who owns some hair salons in the area. She appears to be his test subject for new and unique hairstyles.

My typical headshot setup with additional lights on the BG to create the slight gradient. Single strobe on the subject.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments appreciated as always.

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I love them Scott. You've done a great job capturing Janell's natural beauty and her hair is fantastic........wow! Nice work!

3. Both are excellent but the second one rings my bell.

4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Your usual great work Scott. They should be very happy with these. I like the gradient effect quite a bit.....it gives the shots a product photo feel that really accentuates the hairstyle. Smart thinking!

5. Nice work. I love the eyelash in #2. Was the gradient done with lighting or in PP?

6. I love these Scott............. but you probably know that I like the horizontal image and the positive/negative space thing!

These work very well............. and the second photograph is astounding in the tension it creates due to the model leaning/stretching forward........

Beautiful work! With excellent lighting.......... but you have to remember that I know NOTHING about studio lighting............. so feel free to ignore my comments! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Some of the best I've seen here...........

G

7. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks Fred!
    Thanks Woody. I wish I could take all the credit for that one. I wanted to do the profile, but Greg suggested the lean & stretch.
    Thanks Stuart. The gradient was my idea. I've gotten bored with the solid bright white BG (unless specific for a knock out or ad).
    Thanks Roy. The gradient was done with the lights. I used my twin 30x60 boxes horizontal and feathered. The floor was black seamless to reduce any bounce.
    Thanks Graeme. The horizontal here was really to allow for ad text. We're hoping to get some commercial business from the hair salons.

Here's a secret, I'll bet I don't know a heck of a lot more than you about studio lighting. But I'm trying!

8. Scott, I really like the second image as it shows off her hair so well. Excellent.

9. Scott, both are great, but #2 is the best for showing the hair.
    They should both be on display in the hair salon.

10. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks Gordon & Darrell.

We're working on their advertising account!

11. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Your images are outstanding as you well know :)

Regards

RFC

12. I love #2. Great shots.

13. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks Robert & Anthony.

I took a peek at your Pbase gallery Robert. Impressive! You've been added to my favorites! http://www.pbase.com/srwatters

14. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I like the first one alot. I am not sure I like the tension in the second one, but thats just me. I think you're going to have quite a bit of material to work off of with this girl and her significant other.