Jani's Oktoberfest '08; 180/2.8 & 10.5/2.8

Discussion in 'Photo Meme' started by DrJani, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Dear all,

as many of you know, I can't resist challenges. At least not all of them. And the prime challenges are the worst :biggrin:

So, I'm joining the party with my 180/2.8 and 10.5/2.8, one shot per day (that's needed for the 366 Project in any case).

As a bonus (or a bolt-on, as you might want to call it), I'll try to capture all the 180/2.8 shots in bw and the ones with the fish cropped to square format. This time I probably won't do a every-second-day-with-#1-and-every-other-with-#2 as I did in April (although then the longer one was the 85/1.8).

Enough talking: Let the game begin!

THUMBNAILS

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh, one more little thing: I love to hear my shots are crap (esp. if you can also tell me why).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
  2. Hamel

Hamel

Jan 16, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Good luck with the 10.5 as well. I think it will be interesting to see how we all use it. I may try and do a week with it on and off. If I didn't just get the IR filter for the 50mm, I would do the whole month with just the fisheye but I can't hold out on playing with it.

3. Love that you've got the extreme ends covered. Will be fun to watch you for sure.

4. October 1st, 2008

Straight lines
    [​IMG]
    10.5mm @ f/8, 1/100", ISO 100​

5. Funny title :) . Really sharp.

6. Hard to believe that's a fisheye shot. Lovely composition and excellent capture of difficult sunlit green.

7. Great first picture Jani !

8. More fisheye fun! I'm looking forward to your use of this novelty lens.

9. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Great start Jani! Love the colors! Autumn is the time of the year when I start to thinking of going back to shoot color!

10. Thanks for all the comments.

11. Oct 2nd, 2008

AIRING

[​IMG]
    180mm @ f/5.6, 1/250", ISO 100​

12. the grass does nothing for me, i don't know why.

LOVE the 2nd one though

13. Thanks Gary!

Even I'm not sure of the #1... I liked the composition, which made me to take the picture, and I liked the silent and peaceful moment, but I'm not sure if I was able to really capture it. Also, I'm having problems with the square format (which is exactly why I decided to do the fish shots using it).

Glad you liked the #2.

14. Oh, how that me reminds me of my grandma.
    Could that picture have been taken in any other country?

Nice composition and it looks good in b&w.

15. Oh my gosh! How wonderful. We don't usually have those bed covers in the US. They are so comfy.

16. sahlstrom

sahlstrom

Dec 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Great second picture! Perfect conversion and composition! 5 out of 5!

17. Thanks Frank, Craig, Rich, Birgit and Fredrik!

18. I REALLY love the second shot.
    I'd REALLY love the first shot, but I like blue skies.
    That's my ONLY complaint, though.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.