1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Japanese Tea Garden - Golden Gate Park

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Bright Angel, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

5 taken in the Japanese Tea Garden in S.F.
    (Midday and handheld :rolleyes: )

p27828855-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p267824626-4.jpg

p326420851-4.jpg

p284579911-4.jpg

p500677434-4.jpg

Help needed part 1.
    If anyone is using FireFox 3 can you please visit my site and select any photo on there and see if you can click the image to view it larger.
    I've installed FF3 and a different firewall, but I can't view any image larger than the preview.
    I've allowed full access and erased my cache/history.
    The slideshow function and Send Link pop out bar work, but not the option to view larger.
    If anyone else is using Zenfolio, please post me your link and I'll try your site.

Help needed part 2.
    I've just bought a new monitor and calibrated it.
    Do the reds in pics 2 & 3 look about right or do they did slightly more saturating to make them pop ?
    In pic 4, I've added some saturation. Does this look about right, maybe on the plus side or way over board ?
    (I'm using FF3 with the colours displayed as Adobe RGB, i.e. no sRGB standard).

Thanks for viewing and feedback.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2008
  2. agw0

agw0

Oct 28, 2006
    Munich, Germany
    Part 1:

Works OK for me on FF3 (tried the Welsh gallery - great pics BTW, looks like a "I should go there sometime" place).

Part 2:

In FF3, the reds in #2 and #3 look about OK for me, while I find them a bit over-saturated in #4 and #5.
    In both Safari 3 and Preview (which, AFAIK are color space aware), still the reds in #2 and #3 look about OK for me, while all other colors seem too strong for me - especially the greens, and the blue sky in #2 looks strange, too. Also, #4 and #5 overall look way over-saturated.

3. Looks like a nice place to visit.

Your zenfolio works okay for me (FF 3 on OS X). I agree with Arno's comments about the saturation. The last two also seem overly sharp, but maybe that is the result of the saturation. Incidentally, I was under the impression that zenfolio converts the photos to sRGB for display purposes automatically (regardless of what you uploaded them as). But I could be wrong about that.

About the "view larger" option - I believe that if your browser is open large enough to be showing the largest size already it doesn't give you the option/link to view larger. Could that be the reason you are not seeing it?

4. Bright Angel

Bright Angel Guest

Thank you both for the feedback.

Shots 2 & 3 were PP'd with no extra saturation, 4 & 5 were given a boost of maybe +3 in CS3.

I didn't realize Zenfolio auto converted the colours to sRGB.
    I've since tried a few random Zenfolio sites, this time with Vista 64 and FF 2, but still using the same firewall.
    And I still don't get the option the enlarge the image.
    My firewall (Outpost Firewall) is set to fully allow my site and I've set it to prompt for other sites.
    But something is being blocked, I don't believe it's the larger monitor, because I can't enlarge Panoramas either.

5. gabriel_felipe

gabriel_felipe

Apr 26, 2006
    Israel
    nice place and pictures,
    about the colors, personally I like saturated colors if the composition its well done
    in this case, I like them

6. i like both the b/w and color ones here
    a very peaceful place, i imagine
    i appreciate you sharing these with us

7. I was just in this park this past weekend. My wife and I went to the area to visit friends. I like the first, forth and fifth ones. The 5th one is really striking with the repeated roof pattern slightly hidden by the tree. Well done on all of them.

God Bless,
    David

8. ghursh

ghursh

Jul 3, 2007
    Gilbert, AZ
    love the first one

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.