Je me moi et moi-même

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Worley, Jun 5, 2005.

1. My new avatar is me at about age three with my first Brownie Hawkeye.

Some guys have avatars showing them holding really big, long things in their hands.

Mike

2. hey hey.....
    Nice avatar, I like it. Guess I need to change mine :^)

3. TOF guy

TOF guy

Mar 11, 2005
    Nice avatar, but ... what does the title of the thread mean ?

Post it in English and I'll translate it in French for you.

Thierry
    Self-appointed French Czar of the NikonCafe forum.

4. It is an obscure reference to a play put on at my wife's alma mater in Quebec.

In the play, a college professor always talking about himself, and his dialogs always began with a sweep of a cape over the left shoulder, followed by these words. Essentially "Me, myself, and I" in English.

Words such as "you" or "we" didn't exist in his vocabulary. My poor memory may have misplaced the reflexive pronoun "me" in the dialog, but it goes in there somewhere.

Greater significance than this it doesn't have. Because my original post was all about me, this line came to mind.

Regards,

Mike

5. TOF guy

TOF guy

Mar 11, 2005
    "Moi, moi-même, et je" Hmm. That does not sound right in French at all, although it works in English. You got me ! Can't offer you a proper translation :oops: .

Thierry

6. It's simply "Je me moi" :D

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice avatar Mike! It must be from what, twenty years ago or so. Did you live in Phoenix then? Cause it looks just like my back yard when I lived over by Tower Plaza. (If you know what that is - AHA! Then I KNOW it's older than that! ;) )

8. Thanks, Chris

I've been in Phoenix (and now Chandler) for 27 years, so I remember Tower Plaza.

This particular picture is from Sacramento, California. Around 1953. Didn't realize until it was scanned that it had been printed backwards!

Easy fix in Photoshop, but kind of troubling. My other avatar is me looking through the wrong end of the binoculars. This image has been backwards for over 50 years. What's next?

Mike