Jefferson Hotel - Richmond, Va

I wish I could have used a tripod but it was Sunday brunch - shot with D800 and 28-300 vacation lens. 4500+ ISO got some crazy purple tints on the linens. Bracketing didnt work on combing high ISO shots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

From Wiki --
Local urban legend has it that tap dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson was discovered while working as a bellhop at the hotel. However, this is most likely untrue. When the Jefferson Hotel opened in 1895, Robinson (then 16) was already touring with traveling shows on the black theater circuit.

Another urban legend states that the Grand Staircase in the lobby was featured in the classic movie Gone with the Wind. According to the hotel's concierge, the author of the novel, Margaret Mitchell, stayed at the Jefferson during the time she was writing the book, thus the description and portrayal of the staircase in her novel is said to be inspired by the one in the hotel.

The 1981 film My Dinner with Andre, however, was entirely shot inside the hotel.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom