1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jefferson Island Sat. Morn 8 images w/tricolors

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kevin pyle, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Well, it has been pretty much a productive season at the rookery at Jefferson Island which is near its season finale. If you haven't been to Southern LA, I strongly encourage a trip. Its almost like the birds make photographs similar to Audobons paintings. Personally the white birds and their feathers are always angelic looking to me. Thanks for viewing, shot this saturday morning.
    Kevin P.
    original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    ISO 800

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    ISO 800

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    ISO 800

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/6400s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/2500s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/1250s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/1600s    ISO 400

original.
    NIKON D3    ---    600mm    f/5.6    1/5000s    ISO 400

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  2. Great set Kevin. You sure captured some very unique images within this set. And further, great job on holding the highlights on those white birds. Well done.

3. Louie,
    I got seven hundred images and those are the ones that are culled, can't wait to start processing the spoonbill shots while they are feeding. Whats so funny about the other herons is their serious prehistoric peed off look they have.
    Thanks for viewing and the kind words, when you Bill D., Jim T. and David B. decide to come on down next year we will go to this rookery. Hopefully I'll be shooting Jim's 500 if its still for sale one day.
    Kevin P.

4. awesome shooting! I would love to set up a workshop down south, and drag down a few northerner canucks.

5. Kevin very nice job. It is my mission before long to shoot some nice snowy egrets . Some day soon.

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    sweet stuff Kevin !
    that 120-300 is agreeing with you

7. Another fine series Kevin, well done.

8. Ray,
    that should definately be on your list, we also have Laccasinne WLR which has more geese than Bosque but no sandhill cranes.
    Thanks for veiwing and the kind words.
    Kevin P.

9. Warren, Randy,
    thanks for viewing and the kind words. Randy do I miss my 300 2.8vr, you bet, do I miss the 200-400vr? you bet, is the sigma 120-300 2.8 with a 2x convertor an incredible handholdable package for 2200 dollars? I'm impressed! Keep up the great work.
    Kevin P.

10. Humanoid

Humanoid

Apr 24, 2006
    Wow!

Kevin, so many excellent and action packed images. Fantastic job can't wait to see the rest.

Cheers,

Ray

11. MMarz

MMarz

Sep 15, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Awesome stuff!! Tough to pick a favorite!!

12. Great Variety and Well taken action shots, You had some Great Shooting Kevin.

Superb Job!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.