Jefferson Memorial under gibbous moon

Nicely seen. The moon is so blown out it has no detail. I don't know if you can pull anything out in post.
At least for me, the detail-less blob moon does not work well in photographs. The scene may be beyond the dynamic range of your camera, sometimes we can salvage this by blending 2 different exposures.
In present form, I think the shot is stronger if you crop just below the moon, implying it is there.
Just one mans opinion.
Keep shooting and playing
Gary

Real Name
Bill Walderman
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Gary. The shapeless blob is actually a cloud passing in front of the moon.
Nicely seen. The moon is so blown out it has no detail. I don't know if you can pull anything out in post.
At least for me, the detail-less blob moon does not work well in photographs. The scene may be beyond the dynamic range of your camera, sometimes we can salvage this by blending 2 different exposures.
In present form, I think the shot is stronger if you crop just below the moon, implying it is there.
Just one mans opinion.
Keep shooting and playing
Gary

Really nice!

Unlike the other poster, I would leave the moon as is but consider cloning out the various light sources at ground level

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom