1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jellyfish at the beach

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Pianisimo, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Pianisimo

Pianisimo Guest

What a weird title!
    No, it's true. I went to the beach in late august with my Pentax Spotmatic, Nikon F, and D50. The Spotmatic came with me to the beach almost 100% of the time; the meter's great, and it's a tiny camera. I hadn't touched it since I got the F, but now I can't put it down! Such a joy to shoot.

Anyways, here are two of the results:

2847034818_3528d47317_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2847583138_0760fdc730_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pentax Spotmatic F, 55mm f/1.8 takumar, 100 ilford. All I have is a very cheap flatbed scanner for these so they don't look like they're of ideal quality, but...hopefully good enough for such resolutions : )

2. I was down the Jersey shore in the beginning of August. I noticed a lot of Jellyfish then also.

3. I've seen in this in Coney Island Beach. It's because the heavy waves push the jellyfish to the shore and it usually happens around 5pm EST.

4. I have been told that the various storms plus warm water have pushed more jellyfish north this year.

Les

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.