1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jemez River and Falls, NM

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Ron Reznick, Jun 21, 2007.

1. A few shots taken during the workshop based in Los Alamos this weekend, here are three views of the East Fork of the Jemez River in the mountains near Los Alamos, NM, plus one of the Falls and a few of the intrepid folks on the workshop. This was one of the shooting venues... as I process a few more of my shots taken during the workshop I'll put a few more up from different venues.

(click landscape shots for best rendering)

East Fork, Jemez River, D2x, 17-35 AFS @ f/11
    [​IMG]

East Fork, Jemez River, D2x, 35-70 f/2.8D @ f/8
    (standing on a log)
    [​IMG]

East Fork, Jemez River, D2x, 35-70 f/2.8D @ f/8
    (ground level, from the edge of the riverbank)
    [​IMG]

Jemez Falls, D2x, 55mm f/2.8 AIS Micro, 1/4 @ f/11
    [​IMG]

Mary Walker; Debbie Hyman; David Cramer; Bob Walker; Eric Maata; Alyson Schaefer; Jim Schaefer, 55Micro @ f/5.3
    [​IMG]

More later... :^)

2. Great stuff Ron! Excellent dynamic range in these. Wish I had been able to attend.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful Ron
    Beautiful country

4. Like the waterfall the best, nice job.

5. Beautiful Ron, that looks like a real fun workshop.

6. Hey Ron -

I saw a couple of these on your LCD, but the "real things" are certainly better.

You really are the human light meter! LOL.

I'll post a handful from our trip to Bandelier soon, and I'll look forward to seeing many more of your shots.

It was a comfortable, informative and enjoyable time out there.

Your pal,

Eric

7. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    Looks like a fairly relaxed time, Ron.

8. Hi Ellis,

Relaxed? Ask anyone who has been on one of these sessions... we were making the most use of our time together, believe me.

Eric, you did just fine (although you sure squeaked a few of them). Nice compositions! I enjoyed meeting you... we'll have to get together again sometime (maybe Yellowstone or Bosque next time?).

Raul, we did have fun (while shooting and working on the computers took up much of the time, we did our best to enjoy the hiking and cameraderie too).

Thanks, Rodney. The waterfall was the primary subject of one of the shooting venues -- we were working on both full-frame composition and exposure issues, and learning the effects of various shutter speeds on the character of the water...

It's pretty nice up there, Gale :^)

Sorry you couldn't be there, Dave. We'll get together sometime...

Ron

9. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    Relaxed?

Didn't mean nothing by the comment. Just looked a lot different than the shot of you all laying on the ground trying to get the right angle.

10. I saw that shot... that was a goofy position, wasn't it? Come to think of it, we 'laid down on the job' a couple of times during that session (for instance, trying to get an interesting angle inside the Dar al Islam mosque).

Ron

11. Nice series Ron. That's a motley looking crew following you across the stepping stones. For those of you not familiar with New Mexico... Yes, that is what we call a river.

12. Most folks would call it a stream...

Don't sell NM short, David -- remember, you've got the Rio Grande too :^)

Ron

13. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Ron :

As much as I love my state, I've lived in places where the Rio Grande running through NM would be considered a substantial brook...

...but just a brook. :eek:  :cool:  :wink:

John P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.