Jenna, with blurred out background

Discussion in 'People' started by nburwell, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Sorry to make another post, but there were some who mentioned in my previous thread that the background really didn't do anything for them. With that, I went into PS, and blurred out the background, just focusing plainly on Jenna. I do kinda like it with the background blurred out. It gives the picture that small dof feel. Comments/suggestions always welcome.

DSC_0014-01copy33.

2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

great work

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's a cool technique. Kinda like having an f/1.2 lens whenever you shoot! ;)

See the dark halo around her, especially head and shoulders? If you use 'Lens Blur' instead of Gausian, you won't get that.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Nick,

I have so little experience doing portraiture, it's tough to offer criticism. But on your last thread, I had some questions about whether or not the guys in the background had any significance to the image...this updated image is much better (in my truly uneducated opinion). I like that the girl pops out in the image. And the B/W version looks great with the exagerated DOF....I like it!

5. Thanks Dave, Chris and Frank! I actually got this concept from reading the current issue of Pop Photography. I'm still working on trying to convince her to let me take more shots of her. :)

6. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Nick,

Nice shot ! I also liked the original. I'll have to get you guy's in my studio sometime!

Dan

7. Thanks, Dan! I would love to come up to your studio sometime. Would be a pleasure, just let me know!