Jennifer

Jennifer is one of the four daughters that I recently took pictures of. Sort of reminds me of Farrah Fawcett in her younger days. I guess it's the hair.

48521635.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 14751

She's a beauty for sure....they must have the market cornered in beautiful daughters. As usual, a wonderful capture, Gordon.

Holy Mackerel, Gordon. And there are two more daughters yet to come?

What a pleasant day of shooting that must have been.....

Don't know about the Farrah Fawcett similarity, but Jennifer sure is a beauty all on her own.

Best wishes,

David

Hello Greyflash,

You are doing great jobs. And all the people must love to stand in front of your camera. Nice photo's again.

Greetings,
VinceBeus

Jennifer is very beautiful, Gordon. She definately has simplistic type of natural beauty. Her eyes, her smile and those freckles....wow! Her pose framed with the tree is composed very well.

Wow everyone I am kind of overwhelmed by all your nice comments. I had to shoot so fast because two of the girls had to go to school. I'm glad they turned out as well as they did. Your good friends and I thank you.

Gordon,
I saw this one on your pbase site. Says you used flash. How did you use the flash for this? Was there any other lighting you used. What was the weather like? I'm asking all these questions because my daughter got engaged a couple of weeks ago and I will be taking their engagement picture soon. They want an outdoors shot so I am trying to learn all I can about setting up for the picture. I am also planning on using the 70-200 VR on my D70 for the picture.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. These pictures are really nice.

Terri

Terri French said:
Gordon,
I saw this one on your pbase site. Says you used flash. How did you use the flash for this? Was there any other lighting you used. What was the weather like? I'm asking all these questions because my daughter got engaged a couple of weeks ago and I will be taking their engagement picture soon. They want an outdoors shot so I am trying to learn all I can about setting up for the picture. I am also planning on using the 70-200 VR on my D70 for the picture.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. These pictures are really nice.

Terri

I started the photo shoot at 8:00 AM and this image was probably taken at 8:30 or 8:45 AM. The sun was low in a cloudless sky and we were in an area with lots of trees and shade. I used a single flash mounted on a RRS bracket to get it up and off the camera. The SB800 was equipped with a Lumisphere diffuser but a Stofen would work just fine. I had my camera on manual and metered the background at -1EV, recomposed the shot and let the flash do it's thing on TTL set at -2/3 stop. I check the histogram and adjust as necessary. I did use manual focus on the lens. By the way you will love the way the 70-200mm performs for this type of shot.

Good luck with your photo session and thanks for you comments.

J

JMartin

Wow! They either know how to grow em out there in Utah or you are a magician with that camera Gordon! :wink:

Every photo of these beautiful women you have been posting lately just takes my breath away! Not only do your subjects pop off the screen, but as earlier stated the colors, details and attitude of them do as well.

JMartin said:
Wow! They either know how to grow em out there in Utah or you are a magician with that camera Gordon! :wink:

Every photo of these beautiful women you have been posting lately just takes my breath away! Not only do your subjects pop off the screen, but as earlier stated the colors, details and attitude of them do as well.

Well I am no magician so you can draw your own conclusions. Thank you so much for your comments as they give me indications that I have been successful in what I was trying for. :smile:

More nice work Gordon. I prefer the color version; even though I normally like B/W I think when somebody has eyes that are a striking color like that I'd rather see them in color. The B/W is also nice although I'm not crazy about what the B/W conversion did to her teeth. Reminds me of the Friends episode when Ross had glow-in-the-dark teeth after getting them whitened. :smile:

Thanks Jeff for your comments and critique. I agree with the comment on the B&W conversion but was so mesmerized by her eyes that I hadn't noticed.

Thanks Giles, I played around a lot with the conversion to find something that would work with her eyes and lipstick. Seems like if I got one the other was terrible and vice versa.

greyflash said:
Jennifer is one of the four daughters that I recently took pictures of. Sort of reminds me of Farrah Fawcett in her younger days. I guess it's the hair.

48521635.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 14753

Gordon, Again ... gorgeous lady.

well done.

Both of these women are well represented by you here, Gordon. You definitely brought out the best in them, you charmer, you! :wink:
Question: you say: "I had my camera on manual and metered the background at -1EV, ..." I didn't think the camera did any metering at all while in Manual mode, so how did you meter the bg? Am I wrong about the camera not metering when in Manual? :confused:

Steve S said:
Both of these women are well represented by you here, Gordon. You definitely brought out the best in them, you charmer, you! :wink:
Question: you say: "I had my camera on manual and metered the background at -1EV, ..." I didn't think the camera did any metering at all while in Manual mode, so how did you meter the bg? Am I wrong about the camera not metering when in Manual? :confused:

I pointed the camera at the background then made a manual adjustment of the shutter speed until it was -1 EV, recomposed and took the shot. Thanks for your comments Steve.

Latest threads

Top Bottom