Jesse from my last shoot (PG 13)

Discussion in 'People' started by Steve S, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Shot these just days before my winter move to Fla. Haven't been able to go through them til I got my puter all set up down here. Any comments on lighting, posing, whatever, appreciated.
    D2X/28-70 f2.8 (the Beast) used.
    Edit: Took out the thong string in B&W shot, and made her toenails natural from their painted state.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2005
  2. Steve
    These are very good, you should be real happy with this last shoot the lighting is real nice and I I really like the poses in #2 and #3 I might suggest cloning out the thong sting in #3

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    But, but....

if I clone out the thong string, she'd look completely nekked! :eek: Thanks for the comments Mike!

4. yes but she would just look naked we all know she not!!!! Where you been btw have not seen you on ICQ for a while

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Steve,

Theses are your best yet. Each with an interesting and artistic lighting and composition. Very Very Nicely Done !!!!!

Regards

RFC

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    These are great, Steve. Can't offer any suggestions to improve them at all.

7. I agree with Mike. You're worrying about the wrong thing. Very good shots.

8. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Steve,
    So glad that you and Jesse worked things out. I am sorry to hear that you have flown south for the winter already, I'm going to be back in Ind over the Thanksgiving weekend (for a wedding of all things).

9. Lovely work again Steve.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thaks Mike/Harris,

I took you advice and cloned out the string thing, and erased the toenail polish. It does look better now!

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, best yet? You think so? Well, thank you very much for the comps!

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hi Todd,

Ya, I'm glad we mended our fences too. Hey, sorry I'm going to miss you over the next weekend, but I'm down here being warm! Say hi to Bailey and the Mrs for me!

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Vince,

It's always a treat to work with such a very lovely young lady!

14. That last picture reminds me of the cover of the movie Striptease, remember that one? It looks almost identical, it's a very nice pose, good work.

15. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Nathan, didn't that movie have Demi Moore in it? I didn't see it, but will do a search on the net to see if I can find the shot you're referring to.

16. Wow Steve,

You really have come a long way with your lighting and portraiture efforts. This is about as good as any pro shot I have seen of similar subjects. Speaking of which, it's too bad you are moving away for a while, as one can clearly see that the two of you connected in this shoot. Techically, I can't find anything wrong with those either, now that the string is gone. :biggrin:

17. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Phillippe,

I did a little tweaking, based on some feedback I got over on FM's People section. I straightened out the horizon on the couch shot, and further fine tuned the B&W shot.

18. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I just don't understand how you could move from Indy with chances to photograph Jesse to Florida to photograph birds..:biggrin:

All I have to say is WOW!! and that I wish I could see some of the other shots from the shoot that you can't post here....:Depressed

Nice work Steve.

19. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Dave, this last session was definitely a completely new experience for the both of us. I'll just leave it at that. :tongue:
    btw, fyi, I'm from Ft Wayne, not Indy. :wink:

20. Steve, very nice lighting and skin tones. Sharp, clear eyes, hair is perfectly placed, and lit. If I could offer anything, they're just small little details:
    #1 - I'd like to see the back light toned down just a touch, a bit bright for my liking - it pulls my eye. I'd like to see maybe some reflected light on the right side, esp where her dress meets the arm, can't see any deliniation there. If her hand cupped her breast more along a natural line to match the other one rather than flattening. I think if the strap was over the thumb, it would appear more natural 'holding up my dress' appearance.
    #2 Close the toes, and open the hands. Her hands appear clenched for what should be a very relaxed pose. Her hand on the couch wd be better open and splayed just a touch since this is supposed to be a provocative shot.
    #3 - very good lighting and skin treatment. Where you cloned out the thong string, the flesh is dimpled just a touch on the edge of the hip, if you moved that out with liquify, it would produce a smooth flowing curve over the hip.
    As I said, these are not criticisms, just suggestions.