1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Jesse on a Kawasaki

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by greyflash, Jul 25, 2007.

1. My grandson Jesse on a Kawasaki toy. He is just 18 months old. This image is a grab shot with my IR modified D100 and 18-70mm lens.

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

There is kind of a funny story in relation to this image. The Kawasaki was being ridden by a much older boy and he had parked it while he was doing something else. Jesse climbed on and I thought it was cute so I squatted down to take a picture. Right after the shutter clicked Jesse reached up and pushed the go button and the Kawasaki went quickly forward and knocked me down. He thought that was pretty cool. :biggrin: :biggrin:

2. jeremyInMT

jeremyInMT Guest

Gordon, I don't see the link but I'm curious now!

Edit: ok, I see it now! cool shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  3. Thanks Jeremy, the IR really makes the eyes look intense. I appreciate your comment.

4. Gordon, Cool shot of Jesse. So when is Granddad gonna buy Jesse a Kawasaki Toy?

You are making good use of the D100.

5. Great grab shot. I'd never have thought to use an IR camera to shoot that. I hope you and your camera survived the fall with no damage.

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Not quite what I expected from the title :wink:, but a fun shot. I like what IR does to the skintones in people shots.

7. I leave the expensive toys for the parents but I did give him a Nikon Cafe T shirt.:smile:

I just happened to have my D100 in hand when the shot presented itself so it was more reflex than anything. No problem with the fall as I was close to the ground anyway.

Thanks Jeff, IR does give some interesting looks to people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.