Jet Ski & RC flight from Marcum Park SoFla

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Wilk, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    A departure from the usual for me, had fun this particular afternoon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More in my InBox - link to my site in the sig.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Looks like you had an opportunity to practice your panning skills today. The waverunner captures are quite nice. Great water!!! The RC images are nice as well...I can only imagine how difficult it was to keep the flyer in the viewfinder. Well done, Steve.

3. Steve,

I I think the pics are great. Nice action.

BTW, I thought the 80-400 was too slow for action shots...lol.

4. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks much Frank. Those buggers were hard to not only keep in the frame, but in focus too... you should see all the user error also rans I got :eek: That's why I always shoot a ton when I do stuff like that... it's a game of percentages, don't ya know!

5. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Thanks Ray.

hehehehe.... it is, at least stacked up against an af-s lens :biggrin: The D2x does an acceptable job for the *most* part, but it's no where near as reliable as an af-s - I would have had a very frustrating time with my D70 in those circumstances though. My 70-200 has been out of my hands for **6** freakin weeks now... It's finally in quality control in melville now... I'm hoping to have it back for next weekend... In these 6 weeks, I've realized how much I missed it, but have also gained much more confidence in the 80-400 - one thing I'll say is, the VR on that lens is just as amazing as the 70-200.

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I've made up my mind,the second in this series !!!!!!

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those shots are fantastic with the 80-400 VR...Thats a tough puppy with action.

I have found that using a Kinko Pro 300 1.4 TC on it and runnin it out to about 360-380 on that lens is performing far better beleive it or not. I have many more keepers and not soft.

Trackin slow still a bit of a prob though. With the X and machine gun action (lol) You should get a bunch of keepers.

I am finding the D100 lag a prob. Never thought I would say that. Thougt folks were nutzzz.. But nowwww I know.

Good work. Teriffic shots.

8. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    Hey Gale,

Yeah... I got the lens when I had my D70 only, and was somewhat dissapointed at the slow aquisition times. I did sort of take that prejiduce into the machine gun era, and now realize that was somewhat of a mistake. It really depends on how fast the action is - birds are really though at times, for example - though I'm not a birder and am not practiced at it (if that's even possible :biggrin: ). I have the kino pro, but it gives me F-- error problems with this lens... got to give that a go with the 70-200 when I FINALLY get it back from melville - the difference between af and af-s is quite stunning, which is one of the reasons I miss that lens so much, not to mention the fact that it's one of the very sharpest lenses in the nikkor lineup.

Thanks very much for your kind words with respect to the work :smile:

Steve

9. Wilk

Wilk

Jul 28, 2005
    hehehehe! Yeah... it very much has the "gravity suspended" feel. That hot dog did several of those (not sure why?) but that particular shot was the best captured moment, for sure.

Thanks for your kind words.