Jewellery Photography

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by Kaiser, Jul 25, 2007.

1. My wife designs and makes jewellery and she asked to make some shots for a submission to an exhibition. Could you let me know what you think about this? Thanks.

2007-07-25%20143134.

2. Dave_Canada

Dave_Canada Guest

I like the lighting effect.
    I'm assuming its a necklace maybe theres a way of showing it so you can gauge the size so it can easily be identified.

3. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

Hi!
    The stuff looks nice!
    What kind of lens did you use?
    I think its a little bit to bright/light where the light is... from center to 6 a clock
    I think to hard contrasting to the dark parts...

4. I shot this with the 28-70

5. caraman

caraman

May 23, 2007
    Dumfries, VA
    I think the background and reflections are distracting... Might be better shot on flat black surface...

6. Here is a comparative sample. You need better background/lighting to really show off her considerable talent.

[​IMG]

7. Thanks for the comments. I am not sure I like the Pearl photo - it looks a little boring to me. Anyway, here is another version with different lighting.

2007-07-18%20175618_1.

8. just not sharp enough

9. Maybe the downsampling but believe me the original is VERY sharp

10. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    I see the light shift in a couple of the glass balls would a flash from a different angle make it pop. Christian you can put what I know about lighting and setup in less than a second.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  11. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

a bit too dark.

12. do like the second shot.....is this a necklace? david sorry...this post is in the wrong place.

13. I like #2 the best.

14. #2 is very good -- #1 is on a slight angle which looks accidental while #2 is obvious in its intent.

15. photographix

photographix Guest

they are both good shot's. I think #1 is more dynamic. maybe a squar crop?
    I like the lighting....rick

16. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    The 2nd is a better shot.. but the beads still seem flat to me. I think you need some add'l lights angled in to help create the 3d effect.. I would also lighten it up a bit as I agree it is a bit dark.

BTW.. those pearls are gorgeous.. very hard to get that lighting just right and it was very nicely done in that photo.. a winner to me.

17. Logan

Logan Guest

i like the second one better... if you do any rings, you should try a hand mirror... you can get GREAT results!

DSC_2220d.

DSC_2248.

DSC_2252.