Jill at 300mm

I had just put on my 300mm f2.8 lens when my daughter walked into the room and I turned around and took this handheld image. The natural light was from a set of french doors.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What beautiful green eyes and flawless skin! As always, you show just how lovely your family members are. I love the natural light.

I bet it's fair to say that you can't get a bad picture of her. That being said, this is excellent. I love the skin tones and the captivating grin. She looks like a person very enjoyable to be around.

What beautiful eyes......a great natural light shot Gordon......my favorite type of portrait.

Thanks Stuart, I too like natural light if you can make it work for you.

What beautiful green eyes and flawless skin! As always, you show just how lovely your family members are. I love the natural light.

Thank you for your very nice comments Leigh.

I bet it's fair to say that you can't get a bad picture of her. That being said, this is excellent. I love the skin tones and the captivating grin. She looks like a person very enjoyable to be around.

Jill is definitely one of the funnest members of my family and I always enjoy my visit to her house. Thanks for your comments.

Very nice Gordon!

I appreciate your taking the time to look and to comment Ken.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Beautiful natural light and a lovely photo, Gordon. And steady hands too.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Stunning Gordon. Sometimes the best photographs are the unplanned grabs. I love the tight crop and tilted head and soft, side lighting. The shadows are perfect - not too harsh. The shallow depth of field is also very pleasing. Where background is visible, it is completely out of focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill's looking good Gordon! Both her skin and the skintones are great here! Maybe you should use that 300 more for portraits! :Shocked: (although you may need a set of walkie talkies to communicate with your subjects! :eek:

The 300 f/2.8 is probably the last lens you could pry from my fingers (even though I just have the AiS clunker :smile: ), I love it.
Not a "typical" portrait lens, but you can get some gorgeous "up close and personal" shots with it. Your image proves that point Gordon, stellar!

Beautiful natural light and a lovely photo, Gordon. And steady hands too.

Fortunately I was sitting down and this helped with the steadiness. Thanks for your comments.

I like this natural light, also the great smile, beautiful Gordon.

Thanks for your comments, I too like the natural light.

I wonder if one of those lenses would make me pretty... hmmm.

Wonderful shot. Love the light.

Well the 300mm f2.8 lens makes birds and animals pretty so who knows. :smile: Thanks for your comments.

Now I can safely add portraiture to what a 300mm f2.8 can do. Lovely pix, Gordon.

This is actually one of only a handfull of people shots taken with this lens. Hmmm maybe I should use it more often.

Latest threads

Top Bottom